Search similar:

uniqs

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to mityfowl

to mityfowl

Re: Somethings wrong with my new driveway!

Well let's see. The road area is flat. The area at the end of the road looks flat. The woods at the end of the road and to the right, wrapping around the last house, look lower than the road. So either the houses are on ground built up by man, or the road is on ground graded lower by man, and in either case the resulting slope between the 2 is man-made.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl to deltat2000

Premium Member

to deltat2000
This could have been fixed easy. The whole neighborhood.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag to james16

to james16
said by james16:

I could see your point if I posted with terms like "pixelation" and "colour curves", but saying that the picture was made out of pixels was about as silly and obvious as I could get!

Hell, I would have believed anything you posted!! You said you had an expert opinion, so I was ready to learn. That's how truly dumb I am about digital stuff....

And yeah, I gotta hand it to you for putting one back on the other "experts".

Anonymous Coward to deltat2000

Anon

to deltat2000
Well, on other pictures provided by maxpower:

there's a unique tree that lines up in the original and the second pictures... looks kinda like a light green sail. The third picture, however, is completely different; notably, a two-car garage instead of a three-car, the house on the left, the bare tree on the left (in the second picture, the trunk splits in two), and the grass growing in on the left side. We are at least dealing with 2 different houses, photoshopped or no. I'd like to know where maxpower got his/her photos from?

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to 61999674

Premium Member

to 61999674
said by 61999674:

I have a comment about the house design .. What drugs were house designers on when they thought having the garage as the focal point of the house was a good idea ??? I see a lot of this.
This happened as the car became king. I live in a 1910's neighborhood, and all the garages are in the back. You can see them coming to the front in the 40's and 50's. That's what people wanted. You didn't want to drive your car all the way to the back of your house. It uses up a 8' wide piece of land all down the side of your house.
maxpower90
join:2006-10-09
Providence, RI

1 edit

maxpower90 to Anonymous Coward

to Anonymous Coward
quote:
I'd like to know where maxpower got his/her photos from?
I made them myself with mspaint. Photshop is way too hard and $$$ to use.

I joke, I got them from another website. It was a while ago so I couldn't tell you exactly which one.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to sempergoofy

Premium Member

to sempergoofy
said by sempergoofy:

Some folks who are victims of that midwest flooding might be going, "Hmmmm."
"...that just might work!"

John Galt6

John Galt6 to deltat2000

Premium Member

to deltat2000
The solution here is obvious...

Form and pour some walls below the existing garage, make THAT the new garage, and use the existing garage as living space.

Ta-da!

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag to Anonymous Coward

to Anonymous Coward
said by Anonymous Coward :

there's a unique tree that lines up in the original and the second pictures... looks kinda like a light green sail. The third picture, however, is completely different;
It is different, so what are you getting at? I don't believe anyone meant it to be the same houses as the first two...

disconnected
@snet.net

disconnected to maxpower90

Anon

to maxpower90
There is a house at the bottom of the mountain here, with a 250' winding driveway that's as steep as this, but a LOT longer and NOT straight, but winding S curves going up to the house. The house itself is built on a steep slope. There is another house 1/4 mile from that one which is also an engineering nightmare of a driveway. You could swear the whole house is going to fall off the cliff.
But these developed housing projects should be better designed than what these photos show.