spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AgapeD

join:2007-08-13
Bonaire, GA

Does anyone have the SPA2102 UNLOCK iso?

I tried to upgrade the FW on my SPA-2102 to the latest version but couldn't get it to request the new FW. So I did a full reset (73738#). Need to unlock it again, but the d/l isn't working for the iso.

Does anyone still have a copy of the unlocker.iso I can d/l?

Thanks!

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

1 edit

the unlocker from gizmopasswords isn't working? it should, as i host it on sourceforge. try a different download server on sf.net

edit - try »downloads.sourceforge.net/nukedg···mirror=0

then you can choose a mirror. i think that sf.net was having problems earlier in the week as some other files i host for some projects weren't available either.

AgapeD

Bonaire, GA
reply to AgapeD

Thanks!

robmorrow

join:2008-07-22
Arcadia, CA

Hi,

I am trying to unlock my SPA2102-R as well. I downloaded the LIVE CD that Undef published but it doesn't work for me as well. I tried replying to the original thread but it won't allow me, saying the thread is too old.

Basically, I have tried the software on 3 different PC's aftering burning the ISO. I connect the Ethernet cable to the Blue internet connection on the SPA, and the other end to the NIC on the PC. I get a solid internet and power light. However, after the software loads on the first step, I cannot pass it because the password does not work. I would enter **** as instructed on the screen. Then 723646#. Then enter 79309925# for the password which says it is invalid.

I also tried entering 110# to see if an IP is assigned, and nothing is assigned, it says 0.0.0.0. What's wrong? What should I do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rob

AgapeD

Bonaire, GA

Click for full size
downloadISO_CD_Instr···ions.pdf 12,368 bytes
ISO CD Instructions
I had some issues too. Check out the instructions in the attachment. I found these on gizmopasswords.blogspot.com

Hope that helps.

God Bless!

robmorrow

Arcadia, CA

AgapeD, those are the instructions I tried, and no luck.
It seems like my problem is not getting an IP assigned to the SPA.

Rob

robmorrow

Arcadia, CA

1 recommendation

It took me 3 days but I finally got the thing unlocked. Let me share what I did in case it helps others in the future.

The Live CD does work. Thanks Undef, Username, and everyone who contributed. However, after plugging it in, you MUST use the the IVR and do a reset on the SPA even though you already did it in the past. I had previously done it, but probably because I was playing around with it, it needed to be done again, because it would not take an IP address before I did it. To do that, dial ****, then 73738#, then 1. When you press 110#, it should be an IP address other than 0.0.0.0.

After I did that, the SPA got an IP of 67.133.234.20 but the password still would not work on the IVR. I reboot the computer and loaded the Live CD again, this time it worked, and the LIVE CD went onto the next step and completed the process.

Then I booted back into Windows and opened up IE. Tried going to 192.168.1.1/admin/voice/advanced and got a 403 page not found error. Going to 192.168.1.1 brings up the system status page as always with no password required.

The trick this time is to enable the web admin again, by dialing ****, then dialing 723646#, the password, 1#, 1 again to save. Now I was able to access the webadmin, and my SPA is unlocked.

Rob

ooglek

join:2004-11-17
Falls Church, VA
reply to AgapeD

I couldn't get the ISO to work for me either, not sure why. But the instructions that come with the unlocker.iso I find extremely slim, and not intuitive at all. So I found another way to do it, and posted a HowTo video that might help you out.

HowTo Unlock your Linksys SPA2102-R Router

AgapeD

Bonaire, GA

1 edit

wow... impressive - youtube video

i just watched it. That's actually how i unlocked my spa2102 the first time. i like the iso method b/c it automates the webserver part by running a custom version of linux with the webserver preinstalled from the CD.

good how to video!

ooglek

join:2004-11-17
Falls Church, VA

said by AgapeD:

wow... impressive - youtube video
good how to video!
Thanks! I simply couldn't get the ISO unlocker to work for me. It was confusing to me at which point everything was ready to go. First you hit enter to get to the page that said how to unlock the admin web screen. Then you hit enter to start unlocking. At what point do I reset my device? At what point do I know that the device requested the config?

I didn't have the patience to try the ISO method 14 times to figure that out, and found the method in the video easier for me.
--
FIOS Installed November 2, 2004: 30Mbps down, 5Mbps up
Hate Spam? Sue Spammers! »www.angryox.com/vaspam/