tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
reply to XBL2009

Re: My .02

the difference is that the government doesn't build trucks.

If people actually voted with their wallets for once, the FCC wouldn't be an obstacle. The Verizons of the world would have subs out the ass, while the cable co's who are trying to cap the net would bleed subs quicker than AOL.

Alas, like gasoline, cable TV, and countless other crap we complain about, most companies know that Americans are all talk, and no action. We'll complain to high-hell about gas prices and then go out and buy an SUV. Ditto for broadband. 90% of folks will complain about caps and so on, but hardly anyone will go through the couple hours inconvenience of switching to a bad business' competitor.
--
"What makes us omniscient? Have we a record of omniscience? ...If we can't persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause, we'd better reexamine our reasoning."
-United States Secretary of Defense (1961-1968) Robert S. McNamara

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

before you demonize the customer base, please note that a substantial portion of people have only ONE choice of broadband provider and nearly all the rest a choice between two providers. That's actually the crux of the bisquet - little or no competition in the broadband market.

I only have a choice of one broadband provider, so my wallet isn't going to be voting quite yet. As soon as FIOS gets here, the vote will be loud and clear.