NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

NetAdmin1 to pnh102

to pnh102

Re: Wrong Conclusion

said by pnh102:
quote:
U.S. Broadband Cannot Be Fixed Until You Tackle Corruption Get Off Your Asses, Raise Some Private Capital, And Build It Yourself!
If more people who whined about broadband were willing to do this, then there would be more choices.
Okay, you go first. Go out and try to raise the capital to build a new network to compete in the last mile with the big telecom players. More likely than not, most investors would laugh at you because you are more likely to fail than succeed competing against the entrenched players in the market now. And then, let's say you get the money, lets see if you can survive the tactics of the existing telecom providers to keep you from building and still have money left to build a network. And then, if you have any money left, let's see how well you are doing after you get all of the required permits and RoW access. If you get beyond this point, I'll be amazed.

The truth, what you advocate is far and away much easier to say than to ever actually execute. That is a fact.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by NetAdmin1:

Okay, you go first.
Why?

I moved to where they have broadband.

NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

1 recommendation

NetAdmin1

said by pnh102:

Why?

I moved to where they have broadband.
Okay, then let me generalize that... For people who advocate the "build your own network with private investment money to take on the big boys" schtick, I say that they should put their money where their mouth is and prove that it will work.