spc
Search similar:

uniqs
x74261700002
join:2008-06-26
Orlando, FL

1 edit

x74261700002

[General] Netopia 2210-02 NAT X-Box 360 problems?

I was wondering if anybody can help me, I just bought this Netopia 2210-02 modem and it berely lets me do anything.
I did a scan on my 360 everything turns up fine except it reads my NAT is strict.
I use the modem mainly for Gaming purposes, and im Kinda fiending to play again.. If anybody can help me I would be ever so grateful.
Im a noob at this kinna thing

Airwolf7
Premium Member
join:2004-12-12
Franklin, KY

Airwolf7

Premium Member

Click for full size
Select rule for Xbox Live Games.
Access the modem at 192.168.1.254 then click on Local Network» NAT/Gaming» Gaming and click on the down arrow under Service Name and select Xbox Live Games from the list and click the Enable button.

You can figure it out from there.
x74261700002
Orlando, FL

x74261700002

Doesn't work.. I already have it enabled and it still says the NAT is strict

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid

When you select "enable" does a prompt come up asking what to assign the XBL services to?

If it does, check the IP address that's been assigned to the 360 and compare w/ that list, select it and that should be it. This does work, I've tested it here.

From the 360 dashboard, goto the settings blade, network, edit, that's where you'll see all the IP info.

Hope this helps.
x74261700002
Orlando, FL

x74261700002

well I click to enable it and it only assigns it to my computer. If i want to play online, i have to phycsically unplug my modem and take it into the gaming room ( idk if that has a factor in it)
Ive written down the IP address, the MASk, the gateway, the primary DNS ( and second) and the Mac Wired address the Xbox gives me, but none of it shows up on the modem homepage (192.168.1.254)
sorry if im bothering any of you with this i am an idiot when it comes to this hahaha
I've even contacted at&t bellsouth and they told me it was Xbox's problem.. i contacted X-box and they said it was At&t's problem.. i just wish my Westell didnt stop working.

Airwolf7
Premium Member
Franklin, KY

Airwolf7

Premium Member

I know you have at least one computer and one Xbox 360.

What else do you have?

Do you have a Ethernet hub/switch, a wired/wireless router, a wireless access point?

Fill in the blanks for us because we are missing some pieces here.

To enable the "Port Forward" to your Xbox 360 it will have to be connected to your Motorola 2210-02-1006 modem at the same time as your computer through a hub/switch or wireless access point.

There might be some other way to do it, but as far as I know the Motorola 2210-02-1006 has to be able to see the Xbox 360 to enable the "Port Forward" to it.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

3 edits

Canezoid to x74261700002

to x74261700002
Ok, where there inlies the problem. This is one of the issues w/ XB that has been a big complaint lately as to why they've not added IE to the dashboard interface.

When you unplug the modem to move it you're essentially wiping out the ip info for anything that was previously working through it.

You've only a couple of solutions>

1. Don't move the modem, instead get a long ethernet cord so as to not disconnect power from the modem, then you can statically assign and IP from the 360 itself, which will then allow you to open up the ports to that IP from the XBL service when you can access the UI w/ the PC.

2. Same as above except just add a switch, then the modem will take care of IP stuff allowing you to access the UI from your PC to open up ports.

3. Add a router, get 360 wifi adaptor bridge modem then configs in router.

4. Hard reset the modem, do PPPoe access from 360 itself, leave that way and not use the PC, NAT will always be open then.

It's up to you.
x74261700002
Orlando, FL

x74261700002

I just took a long ethernet cord and ran it to my Xbox.. and on the homepage on the modem it does show my Xbox's IP an mac addy, so i went into Nat-Gaming tab and clicked on the Xbox live games and when it asks me what i want the server to be, only my computer pops up.. i tried the hard reset for the modem and still the same thing
The nat is Strict.. i guess i might have to buy a router and a 360 wifi

and i do very much appreciate all of you trying to help
x74261700002

x74261700002

Oh and airwolf, i dont have a router or anything... its just directly from the modem to the xbox and when im done i unhook the modem from the game room and just plug it back into the computer

Airwolf7
Premium Member
Franklin, KY

1 edit

Airwolf7

Premium Member

I'm going to assume that you want to configure your devices so you can enjoy your Xbox 360 on Xbox Live until you can get some more networking equipment.

Follow the instructions in the FAQ below to configure your Motorola 2210-02-1006 modem and your computer.

If you don't have Windows XP it doesn't really matter as all modern OS have a native PPPoE client. Do a Google search if you have an OS other than Windows XP.

Your computer will be BUCK NAKED on the Internet like this and the only thing protecting it will be your software firewall and other security software.

How do I set up the Motorola 2210 to use the native Windows XP PPPoE Client?

After you have done this then plug the Ethernet cable from your Xbox 360 console into the modem and configure the Xbox 360 console for a "PPPoE" connection.

How to configure PPPoE settings on your Xbox 360 console.

Don't forget that your FastAccess DSL user name has to be in this format yourusername@bellsouth.net.

This configuration will get old after awhile with plugging and unplugging things and if it does then you need to buy a router that passes Windows Vista Logo Certification or Xbox Live Certification testing. All routers that pass Windows Vista Logo Certification testing also pass Xbox Live Certification testing

Show me routers which have received a Windows Vista logo.

Edit: This is just a little something to get you going for awhile so you can have some fun until you fix things up later.