spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jh6148

@sbc.com

"Not Authorized" channels w/ DVR

I had a power outage yesterday. Afterwards my DVR was giving me a "Not Authorized" message on all channels except the basic Analog ones. I called tech support last night and they said they were sending a "signal" to the DVR. Still nothing. My other TV has a regular non-DVR box which works fine.

Anybody have any insight as to the best way to get this fixed without replacing the box or losing my recorded programs?

gaborm

join:2004-07-18
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Unplug the box for about 10 seconds and power it up again. It will query for access rights during bootup. If that does not work and you do not want to exchange your box, ask for a slight package change (and change it back later).

I had kinda the same problem with some channel in the high-end digital package, they kept "resending the signal" but half of the authorized channel were unaccessible. I went back to a lesser package for a few week then upgraded back and it worked.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jh6148
I would do what gaborm suggested. Unplug the unit from the power outlet while it is still on. Wait 1 minute, then plug it back in and turn it on. It's important you unplug the unit while it is powered on, to preform a hard reset.

After you turn it, you may get a message that says "One Moment Please.. this channel will be available shortly". This is normal, as it is receiving data again (since it just went through a hard reset.

After about 20-30 minutes, everything should be working.

If it still doesn't work, call Comcast and ask them to "reinitlize" your box. If they say they are sending a hit (or a signal), tell them that won't do anything for you really.

If you do have to swap out the box, you will lose all your recorded programs, and settings, etc.
--
www.rr.cx | YourIP.US

jh0017

@comcast.net
reply to jh6148
I tried unplugging and plugging back in after a minute, but that did not work.

jh0017

@comcast.net
reply to jh6148
had comcast send signal again. Still no change.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to jh6148
If its a Motorola box, power it off and quickly push OK/Select. Scroll down to 02 OOB STATUS. Does it show a frequency and a signal status like FAIR or GOOD ?

jh0017

@comcast.net
reply to jh6148
Its not a Motorolla box, its from PACE. The OOB SNR is between 20-21 Good.

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
reply to jh6148
Is it the 575 or 577 from pace?

jh0017

@comcast.net
its the 575D

erikthebean

join:2007-06-25
Manchester, NH
reply to jh6148
it sounds like the box has to be init (type of sig sent by customer care) by a cust care rep... but that might delete ur dvr recordings depending on the software vers. of the box