Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1

[FireFox] permissions.default.image setting gone?

I just did a clean install of Windows so I figured I would start fresh with a brand new install of Firefox 3.

As I was transferring all my settings over in about:config from my old PC to my new one I could not find permissions.default.image. Have they removed it in 3.0?

I used to like having it set to 3 to stop all third party images. Is that ability gone now or somewhere else?

Lanik
Lab-nik
Premium,ExMod 2002-03
join:2001-06-25
San Francisco, CA

From what I can tell its still valid: »kb.mozillazine.org/Permissions.default.image

It exists in my install feel free to create it Fx should pick it up once you restart it.
--
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Sentinel

You really do not want to transfer any old prefs.js settings except for extension settings where applicable.

When you start Fx v3 the first time install any extensions you want and then use the old prefs.js to duplicate the settings.

As Lanik said that setting should be created but you may have to open up Fx Options - Content and check the box to allow images first then afterwards open up about:config and change the setting to "3".
--
"Facts beat FUD any day of the week and twice on Sundays".

Sentinel
Premium
Florida
kudos:1

1 edit

Edit:
Disregard. It's there now. That's weird. I swera it wasn't there before and I changed nothing. I guess you have to open and close it a few times for it come or something.

Oh well. Thanks guys.

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6

1 recommendation

See Lanik told you it would be there.

Sentinel
Premium
Florida