Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Good for Bell

Premium Member

to Good for Bell

Re: I Support Bell

said by Good for Bell :

I went out to investigate and he's getting 5meg/800 excellent sync on the line. He then calls his ISP support line and hands the phone to me. I said how long has he been your DSL customer. The guy on the phone says 5 years. I ask have you ever sent him a new modem because it's the modem. No its not theres a problem with the line the guy tells me. I said look my friend Its your companys modem. Send him a new one. Well he'll have to pay 80 dollars for a new modem. I say to the tek savvy guy. Buddy, Bell is providing your customer with 5 megs. Right on the modem it says One meg modem. technology from like 7 years ago. At least if he were Bells customers they'd send him a new modem with the upgrade.
Alright Mr. Repair Tech, lets start poking some holes in your story.

First, the 3rd party ISP's don't use the obsolete Nortel 1 meg modems.

Second, how were you getting a solid 5056/800 sync on a line supposedly provisioned for the old Nortel 1meg modem platform? G.DMT and Nortel line cards can't be used simulatenously.

Third, It's Bell Sympatico who still has people on the old Nortel 1Meg Modem platform, and has not informed them of the technolgy change that happened 5 years ago.

Now, go fly a kite, sir.

BellSmell
@rogers.com

BellSmell

Anon

ROFL!! HiVolt You Are tha Man! Way to tell that Bell Shill to stick it where the sun don't shine! - LOL!!

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18

Angelo to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
lol @ hivolt... i found his story amusing for bed time =p
backness
join:2005-07-08
K2P OW2

backness to BellSmell

to BellSmell
they probably charged him 4$ a month x5 Years for the rental of that Piece of shit too

80$ sounds like a steal. If my grade 4 arithmetic serves me correctly that would be over 3x as much for inferior hardware