how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NLiveris

join:2001-11-25
Chicago, IL

from WOW 7-1-2008.....

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate that you took the time to express your displeasure with NebuAd. We believe that targeted advertising can provide value in that customers don’t see more ads than they normally would, but that they would see ads that are more relevant to their interests. We are confident we are not violating any current rules, laws or regulations with this service and NebuAd has expended considerable resources to ensure that they are in compliance with the law. The current cookie opt-out is a standard practice for the online advertising industry. That being said, I know that NebuAd is researching other alternate opt-outs that would be a better solution for customers.

I am sorry that we disappointed you and hope that we’ll have an opportunity to win back your business some day.

Respectfully,
Cathy Kuo
Chief Marketing Officer
WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone

Jim Kirk
Premium
join:2005-12-09
Westerville, OH
said by NLiveris:

We believe that targeted advertising can provide value in that customers don’t see more ads than they normally would, but that they would see ads that are more relevant to their interests.
In other words, they're injecting their own ads and depriving the owners of the site of their revenue.

I just can't see any way that this can be legally justified. It's not any different than if I covered up an ad on a highway billboard sign with my own.