uniqs
share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to KrK

Re: They are moving into U-Verse

Where in the hell do you get that ATT has been dumping customers off? AT$T hasnt spun anyone off to Windstream. And actually Windstream hasn't actually been in business that long under their name. What maybe a year or 3 at most?

AT$T is not going to give up on much of their network like VZ they'll keep the copper around until its time to rebuild the entire network over again.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 edit
Around here, as SBC, they sold off quite a lot of rural area.

Windstream since has picked some of it up. Valor owns other parts. Also, if they can't get U-Verse, and can't get cable, why give em a discount--- you know they can't switch....

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

1 edit
what discount are you talking about? You only get a Discount from ATT is if you're lucky to get their shitty DSL service to start off with along with their over priced POTS service. But that's then if you know who in the hell to talk to or you threaten to leave or use their "win-back" program and switch back. Their savings ads they're mailing out in the millions are "savings" their actually higher priced than what I'd pay cable in my area. ATT can't give you phone for $13 with taxes and fees included.

but those being sold off are only in your area that has been said. ATT has a LOT of rural area here in NW Ohio. None of it has been sold of. they're actually upgrading some of the areas but only because cable is the leader in choice. SBC wouldnt deploy DSL in my old city (Fremont) because they said the lines wouldnt handle it and it wasnt worth their money to set it up. Well TWC annouced that RR was available DSL all of a sudden was available the next day after RR was up and running in homes. Guess who the leader in Fremont is for Internet-surely not SBC. TWC has the lead by far. Especially after telling the residents that they weren't worth upgrading and they'd never see DSL in Fremont.