uniqs
Iceylinux
join:2003-06-13
Lockport, NY

Iceylinux

Wondeful Idea for SECTV

SELL THE CABLE COMPANY!!!!!
----------------------------

Why i say this? well lets just face it highest speed is 10mb/1mb with a cap that wont even let you use your connection more then a constant 35% of the month or they make you cancel or switch to a commerical account. which i have pricing for here.
Speeds with 2-Way Cable
Downstream / Upstream
2 Mbps / 512 kbps .................................. $ 69.95/mo.
4 Mbps / 768 kbps .................................. $ 79.95/mo.
6 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................... $ 109.95/mo.
8 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................... $ 169.95/mo.
10 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................. $ 199.95/mo.
these are all one year contracts by the way, if you cancel its probably 500 bucks didnt check that out. also dont forget about the setup fee listed here
Cable Setup ........................................................................... $249.95

gee there business 10/1 with one static ip, is more money then BUSINESS FIOS @ 50M/20M WITHOUT A CONTRACT!!!

I hope they burn.

Donkaroo
join:2000-07-02
Hawley, PA

Donkaroo

I have to agree that the commercial accounts are a joke. When I spoke with a sales rep she had limited answers to my many questions. My original gripe was about letters I kept receiving about going over their expected usage on my 15/2 residential plan. She recommended their commercial account. After going over my contract the only mention is about not to "abuse" their network. To them downloading 3GB per day is abuse. An HD movie is about 6GB's!

Although this is with PenTeleData/Blueridge, their commercial accounts run the same way. You have to sign a 2 year contract, pay a setup fee, and the prices are about 5 times that of residential fees for half the speed. Theres no way I can justify going commercial just to be rid of the data caps. Its just amazing to me that a large ISP like PTD which controls all of PA has to limit its top tier customers to 80 Gigs per month in an era of HD downloads, VoIP, online gaming, and streaming media. :/