Search similar:

uniqs

littlnet
Premium Member
join:2006-12-05
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

[motherboard] How do I replace the PC fuse?

I have replace the power supply with a new one, Question? Can I replace the internal fuse/and possibly with fuse from another computer?
Computer powers up to the first screen select F1 setup, Exit Boot system. F10 restore.. it will not go any further past this screen.. It may not even
Hard Drive is a working hard drive
Have reset BOIS
still nothing.. Please Help..

BinaryXtreme6
join:2004-04-20
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6

Fuse? On the motherboard? Are you referring to a capacitor?

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

Motherboard layout and photos
the fuse in the bottom rigt corner of the photo.
»h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsu ··· =3239114
I hope this helps

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6

You're talking about the capacitor. Is it leaking or look like it has dried liquid around it?

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

nope, it looks fine..

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6

What makes you believe it's the problem?

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

I am no sure but, when I replace the power supply first time it was a wrong one. It had less pins. and may have blown the capacitor, jut thought I would try replacing it. I am a almost blond so just creating ideas. It now has a new PSU LOGISYSIPS550ABK 550W RT. It powers up then nothing at boot.
littlnet

littlnet to BinaryXtreme6

Premium Member

to BinaryXtreme6
I could be off track.. and would like to save this computer.

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

are you sure everything is plugged in correctly? did the hard drive maybe get unplugged from the motherboard when you replaced the psu? Does BIOS correctly identify the hard drive?

Are there any messages on the screen that may help us help you a little more? even if the message seems unimportant, please post anything it says.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

Hard Drive
Yes the best as I can tell the 1 - Power Cable
2 - SATA Data Cable are the only 2 the same as this with only one hard drive though.
littlnet

littlnet

Premium Member

No messages shown only the boot screen.
littlnet

littlnet

Premium Member

no the BIOS does not load up to see..
littlnet

littlnet

Premium Member

I only have the keyboard and the monitor connected. I have tried another hard drive and get the same thing.
littlnet

littlnet

Premium Member

I do not have another computer with the SATA Data Cable connections, but do have 2 other computers up and running.
littlnet

littlnet

Premium Member

When I turn it on and do nothing it comes up to the boot screen and stays there without decting the keyboard. When I click exit or f1 it will say loading then stays there with the same results.

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

1 edit

BinaryXtreme6

Sounds like your motherboard is toast. Or could be your processor fried. I really seem to think your motherboard is the problem when you powered up with the wrong psu. Motherboards are pretty cheap. I'd replace it and if not the case, return it. Then I think it could be the chip. Could be your ram as well. Problem is when you powered up your pc with the wrong psu, it could be one thing or all. Just going to be a matter of deduction.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

I realy think that is what I did.. yes so I best go shopping for a motherboard.. Thank you so very much. this has been a lot of help, you just don't know.. Have a great 4th.

Stray Bullet
Dangerous?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-03
Rochester, NY

1 edit

Stray Bullet

Premium Member

Before you go junking it... Did you try to reset the cmos with the jumper?

This is from the hp link...

Clearing the BIOS settings
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to:
Clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 2-3.

EDIT: I see you did reset the bios... Hmmm... I wish I could see what exactly it is doing & where in the POST it is failing!

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

HP Pavilion a1620n windows xp home.
replaced power supply with PSU LOGISYS|PS550ABK 550W RT
4 memory slots 256 each
nVidia GeForce 6150
XHD3000 Gateway 30" monitor
HT Omega Claro digital surround (no amp yet)
Altic Lansing desktop speakers
WinFast TV2000xp
hp photosmart 7200 printer
APC Smart UPS 1500
Microsoft wirless 4000 keyboard/5000 mouse
Linkys wireless G

What happened was I shut down the computer (yes the right way)
restarted a few minutes later only the led light came on the front of the computer panel. replaced the power supply with AL-A300ATX 300W ATX12V 20pin, still only the led light.
replaced power supply with new 550w, it powers up to the first blue boot screen with F1=setup, exit=boot, F10=restore... when clicking the F1 or exit prior to boot screen it will say Loading..... on the screen and sets doing nothing. F10 and F5 for reseting bios has no effect and will only do the same as not clicking any keys (only show boot screen)no dection of keyboard during this process.
Hope this information helps. I have a new battery for it cr2032 lord it couldn't be so simple. but will try it today

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6 to Stray Bullet

to Stray Bullet
That's the whole issue. He's clearly having a hardware failure upon boot. He hooked up the wrong psu so chances are the moment he turned on his computer, the motherboard fried.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

He is a she, Yup I did it didn't I crap. So would it be worth getting a new mother board or just dich it and get a new PC? If you don't mind me asking.

kw0
Premium Member
join:2004-06-12
New Albany, OH

kw0 to BinaryXtreme6

Premium Member

to BinaryXtreme6
disconnect any IDE/Hard Drives/CD-ROMS

machines are notorious for hanging exactly like you say, when its detecting IDE devices incorrectly

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6

The whole issue is when the wrong power supply was installed, this all started happening. I would be absolutely willing to bet that either the keyboard itself or the ram is toast. It absolutely does not sound like a software issue. It will not detect IDE devices if the BIOS is not even loading.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

The keyboard is PSI from another computer(works)
When I click the F1 or Exit prior to boot screen it must reconize it by stating Loading..... at boot screen then that is sticks right there.

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6

Exactly. The moment the BIOS enters init state, it dies. It's starting to load the op files in the BIOS but is failing.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

Fried Mother Board.. I find one for around $89 bucks.. would it be worth replacing with what I run on it. Watch TV, Read BBR, Voice Chat, Web Cam. I am in love with my computer it has been a very good computer and held up to everything I put it though until I goofed with a wrong power supply.

sfromsf
join:2001-03-03
Sacramento, CA

1 edit

sfromsf to littlnet

to littlnet
littlnet - try replacing the motherboard with the same model you had.

littlnet
Premium Member
Gladewater, TX

littlnet

Premium Member

yes that will be P5LP-LE (Leucite3)best price I find is 89 bucks. Thank you all thanks to BBR

BinaryXtreme6
Sparks, NV

BinaryXtreme6 to littlnet

to littlnet
Can't hurt to try it. They're pretty cheap and if it's not, return it.