how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dan Given
Premium
join:2001-03-16
Tustin, CA

"HomePNA" light blinking? Rats ate wires...

I have a 5 day old UVerse installation. I was not receiving dual HD streams so I phoned tech support. During the call I was told to unplug the power to the 2 wire and recycle the DVR, which I did. I now have the dual HD streams, but the light continues to blink green.
Is this a problem? I have phone, internet and tv all working fine, but I had all steady green lights before I pulled the plugs (literally).
Also, following the install a neighbor in the condos told me she had lost all cable feeds and Cox came out and found rats in the attics which had bitten through the wires. My question on this is will ATT rewire or do a new cable pull? The installers had to work for 6 hours just to try to get a signal from the phone closet, and I'm sure it was the rats.
Thanks for any advice.
--
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

The HPNA light will blink green when data is being transmitted over HPNA (ie a Coax-fed STB is being utilized). The Ethernet light will blink green when data is transmitted over Ethernet (a hard-wired computer or a Cat 5 Ethernet Fed STB). The Wireless light will blink green when data is being transmitted over WiFi (WiFi Computers, XBOXes, Wiis, etc). The Power light and the two green lights at the bottom (broadband and service maybe?) should be constant green.

As far as the rats, are you talking about for a new install? Or are you asking about down the road?

Not to be a smart-a$$ or anything, but maybe consider a cat? Or a call to Orkin?

Dan Given
Premium
join:2001-03-16
Tustin, CA

said by ILpt4U:

As far as the rats, are you talking about for a new install? Or are you asking about down the road?

Not to be a smart-a$$ or anything, but maybe consider a cat? Or a call to Orkin?
LOL! The homeowner's association will pay for an exterminator, I'm allergic to cats, and the install is less than a week old, so I'm hoping a rewire might speed up the internet and help the TV signal.
Dan
--
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."