Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

braynes
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Waterville, ME

Help with Sharp aquos setup

Hello

I purchase a Sharp LC-C4654u TV and have only had it 4 days, so far it’s great.
My problem is when I turn the TV on it starts up in Dynamic (fixed) when I change it to any other setting in about 30 minuets it goes back to Dynamic (fixed) I am using component on input 1 and s-videos on input 2.
This does this on both inputs; can someone tell me how to change this setting so it will stay changed?
Thanks
Bruce

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL
Is the signal source changing and that is making the set change?

braynes
Premium
Waterville, ME
I do not understand the question.
I place the tv on the output of a moto cable box 6412 to the inputs with component cables, I then pick a channel,i.e. movie HBO etc,I have a hd cable box.when I turn the tv on it always starts in Dynamic (fixed),I pres AV mode change it to Standard and click enter,I have also tried pressing enter,and return,alone and with each other, in about 30 min. it goes back to Dynamic (fixed),and then I change it again and again.
Bruce

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
Do you mean the picture mode settings? Like Vivid, Cinema etc. If that's what your talking about it should stay on the settings you have even when you turn off the set.

Or do you mean the aspect ratio? Like 16x9 or 4x3. Changing the screen to full, zoom, just etc.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

pitboss 2000

join:2005-12-10
Simi Valley, CA
reply to braynes
It sounds like the TV is in store mode. Try unplugging the TV for about 20 seconds then plug it back in and see if it lets you pick store mode or home.

braynes
Premium
Waterville, ME
reply to wings10
It Happens In vivid,cinema,etc. and it does not stay.
Bruce

braynes
Premium
Waterville, ME

1 edit
reply to pitboss 2000
I unplugged it yesterday, and it had no effect I will try it now again be back in 10 min.
Bruce

Hello and thanks to both of you for the help, I had to connect the coaxe from the cable to the tv, unplug it I waited 10 min. and when I turned it on and the menu then gave me ez-setup I was then able to take it out of store and change to home. It has not been a half an hour so I hope it sticks, it started in standed this time.
Thanks all
Bruce

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL

1 edit
Glad you got it sorted out. I don't think I had this issue?

Enjoy your new TV.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

braynes
Premium
Waterville, ME
I take it that you have had other issue, any I should expect?
Thanks
Bruce

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL

1 edit
said by braynes:

I take it that you have had other issue, any I should expect?
Thanks
Bruce
No None at all. I first bought a 42" plasma from Panasonic. I was impressed that 14 months later I bought a 50" from them for the basement.

--