In the past few weeks I've noticed my connection getting very very slow and constantly getting page not found errors when I go to various sites. Sites that should be fast load slow, for instance Google search page or Gmail.
NOTE: While reading other similar topics, I disconnected/reconnected power to the 2Wire modem. Prior to doing so I had checked the modem stats (see Q9 below) and for "DSL Training Errors" in the "Current 24 hour interval" had a 10 digit value! After resetting and running for 3 hrs, there's been only 1 error. Since then, the page not found errors have dramatically decreased but speed in general is still slow.
1) Which AT&T DSL Package do you have?
U-verse Express which according to the U-verse page (»uma.att.com/assets/files/explore_hsia.html
) it should be 1.5Mbps up / 1.0Mbps down. However, the 2Wire modem (logging on to modem web interface, clicking on "Broadband Link" then on "Details") says speeds are/should be: 25216 kbps down / 2048 kbps up.
2) Which modem brand and model do you have? (if Speedstream 5100, does it have 4 or 5 lights)
2Wire 3800 HGV-B
3) Are you using a router? If so, provide the brand and model.
Built-in router in 2Wire modem
4) Is your PPPoE login info (username & password) entered in the modem, in your router or do you use PPPoE software?
Entered in modem
Did not see this in the modem web interface, but don't believe PPPoE software is installed.
5) Describe the lights on the modem when the trouble occurs.
Power - solid green
Local Ethernet - blinking green
USB-PC - no lights
wireless - no lights
HomePNA - no lights
Phone 1 - no lights
Phone 2 - no lights
Broadband - solid green
Service - solid green
6) Confirm that you've checked to ensure that ALL devices plugged into the wall jacks serviced by your DSL phone number (except the DSL modem) have filters fitted.
7) Confirm that you've powered off the modem and started it again and whether or not that made any changes with your problem.
8) Do you hear any type of noise on the DSL phone line or any other unusual telephone symptoms?
9) Provide line stats as follows
View Broadband Link Statistics Transmit and Receive Data
Transmit and Receive Data
IP Bytes Packets Errors
Transmit: 7043095 31505 0
Receive: 30077355 34351 0
Collected for 3:15:01
Since Reset Current 24-Hour Interval Current 15-Minute Interval Time Since Last Event
DSL Link Retrains: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Training Errors: 1 1 0 3:12:46
DSL Training Timeouts: 2 2 0 3:13:09
DSL Loss of Framing Failures: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Loss of Signal Failures: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Loss of Power Failures: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Loss of Margin Failures: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Cumulative Errored Seconds: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Severely Errored Seconds: 0 0 0 0:00:00
DSL Corrected Blocks: 30 30 0 0:43:03
DSL Uncorrected Blocks: 0 0 0 0:00:00
10) If you have a speed problem, use the AT&T Speed Test here -- »helpme.att.net/dsl/speedtest/ and post your results.
down: 1.407 Mbps / up: 949.21 kbps