Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

POB to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Re: Picture..

said by Robert:

Is DSLReports pay Mona Shaw a royalty fee everything they use her picture?
(1) What exactly does that have to do with the subject matter?
Go off topic much?

(2) Not every image used in the public domain gets a royalty fee, whatever that is. At least try reading Copyright 101 first when you decide to go OT to sound intelligent.

whoosh
@verizon.net

whoosh

Anon

said by POB:

said by Robert:

Go off topic much?

(2) Not every image used in the public domain gets a royalty fee, whatever that is. At least try reading Copyright 101 first when you decide to go OT to sound intelligent.
Whoosh...........

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to POB

Premium Member

to POB
said by POB:

said by Robert:

Go off topic much?

I'm sorry you don't know what a royalty fee is. Maybe you should look it up before you try to sound intelligent and troll my posts.

jt4
@comcast.net

jt4 to POB

Anon

to POB
he is asking a question not making a statement. and your the stupid*ss if you get made when people ask questions.
SilverSurfer1
join:2007-08-19

SilverSurfer1 to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

I'm sorry you don't know what a royalty fee is. Maybe you should look it up before you try to sound intelligent and troll my posts.
LMAO. No, you're not. You're just ticked because someone called you out on your usage of royalty fees which BTW has nothing to do with copyright. A royalty fee is a payment made for the usage of a Patent. Two entirely different items, there, champ.

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.
join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE

LeftOfSanity

said by SilverSurfer1:

said by Robert:

LMAO. No, you're not. You're just ticked because someone called you out on your usage of royalty fees which BTW has nothing to do with copyright. A royalty fee is a payment made for the usage of a Patent. Two entirely different items, there, champ.
Well songs arent patented are they?

Why do artists get paid royalties when a tv commercial uses thier song?
SilverSurfer1
join:2007-08-19

SilverSurfer1

said by LeftOfSanity:

Well songs arent patented are they?
Bzzt. Nope. Copyrighted. That's what the little "C" with the circle means after the title.
said by LeftOfSanity:

Why do artists get paid royalties when a tv commercial uses thier song?
Because the word "royalty" has been used and abused ad nauseum by writers who didn't bother to determine what the definition of the word actually was before they used it.

ReformCRTC
Support Your Independent ISP
join:2004-03-07
Canada

ReformCRTC

Copy WRONG. It's a copy WRONG law.