share rss forum feed
« Color me impressed...
This is a sub-selection from Business As Usual

garmst

join:2000-09-17
New York, NY
reply to POB

Re: Business As Usual

It is the job of COMCAST's lawyers to defend COMCAST's interest in court. It is the complaintants lawyers to argue its case as well. The judge applies the law to the process.

I expect and want COMCAST to pursue its interests in court. Its job is not to lie down and be trampled by the litigants. COMCAST's lawyers made a good argument and the judge accepted it. Good job!

The case is suspended, not dismissed. It will come back another day.

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD
said by garmst:

It is the job of COMCAST's lawyers to defend COMCAST's interest in court. It is the complaintants lawyers to argue its case as well. The judge applies the law to the process.

I expect and want COMCAST to pursue its interests in court. Its job is not to lie down and be trampled by the litigants. COMCAST's lawyers made a good argument and the judge accepted it. Good job!

The case is suspended, not dismissed. It will come back another day.
The problem becomes when Comcast jumps sides.

If Comcast argues that the FCC has no jurisdiction and wins, then if they ever argue that the FCC does have jurisdiction, the precedent only hurts them.

What are Comcast's lawyers going to say? They were mistaken the first time? That they were for it before they were against it?