uniqs
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Law of unintended consequences

If Comcast loses in Court; they should announce their caps the same day as starting that week. Get rid of all those damn free loading P2P. When i first signed up for RoadRunner in Fremont Ohio the node was hella slow after a certain time. Found out one neighbor was on there downloading from LimeWire when it first came out. Movies up the ass and music. It was good to call the Abuse Department and have his Internet killed.

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

funchords

MVM

said by hottboiinnc4:

If Comcast loses in Court; they should announce their caps the same day as starting that week. Get rid of all those damn free loading P2P.
There's nothing wrong with P2P, and it's not freeloading if your neighbor is voluntarily donating the bandwidth on his paid-for subscription.
said by hottboiinnc4:

When i first signed up for RoadRunner in Fremont Ohio the node was hella slow after a certain time. Found out one neighbor was on there downloading from LimeWire when it first came out. Movies up the ass and music. It was good to call the Abuse Department and have his Internet killed.
That's the way that Comcast should handle such things as well. Legally participating in P2P and harming nobody is one thing. Interfering with your neighbors and refusing to fix it is another. The traditional practice in Internetdom is to cancel access for those that generate interference complaints.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

How do you figure nothing is wrong with P2P? The only reason it was invented was to steal music. Back with Napster. The RIAA should start going after these services again and start shutting them down then move to BT and the Internet wouldnt have any problems. Make people use another methods to movie large files of ISOs and game batches before those.

my neighbors was killed on one complaint. his bandwidth habits were noticed after i called and complained and they checked the node. This was 3 days after having RR available in the neighborhood after TWC rebuilt the entire city from the ground up.

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

said by hottboiinnc4:

How do you figure nothing is wrong with P2P? The only reason it was invented was to steal music.
Homework Assignment: Describe the first Internet connection. Would this connection be considered client-server or peer-to-peer? Extra credit if you can name the radio amateur involved.