spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Storage_Guy
join:2006-04-30
Benton Harbor, MI

Storage_Guy

In store only

I thought the new iPhones could only be activated in the store, not through iTunes??
EPS4
join:2008-02-13
Hingham, MA

1 recommendation

EPS4

I seem to recall reading that stores get a special version of iTunes to activate through.
artbatista
join:2008-03-14
Macon, GA

artbatista to Storage_Guy

to Storage_Guy
I got in line at 7:35 AM in Macon, GA. Before the store opened at 8:00AM a manager came out, passed bottled water and told us they had 30 iphones in stock, mixed randomly (white,black,8GB, 16GB) and that anyone not able to get one could put their name on a list and return next day to get one without having to wait in line.

There were altogether maybe 100 people in line. I go the next to last phone and by that time they had given up on in store activation. I was showed an email form AT&T corporate, to the effect that the at&t activation servers were down and to give the iphones to the customers to activate themselves at home.

I got my phone at 10:25AM, as of this writing 12:04PM, I have been unable to activate...

The bad part about this is that they de-activated my old SIM and I can't use my old phone.
45071419 (banned)
join:2006-07-30

45071419 (banned)

Damn artbatista, was it really worth it?

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez to artbatista

to artbatista
said by artbatista:

The bad part about this is that they de-activated my old SIM and I can't use my old phone.
Why did they do that? Cant you use your old SIM, or did you change numbers or something?

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots to artbatista

Premium Member

to artbatista
said by artbatista:

The same thing happened to me when I got my iPhone last year. I took the SIM out of the iPhone and put it into my old phone and my old phone worked with the iPhone SIM in it. I used my old phone for about another 24 hours before things calmed down and I was able to activate the iPhone.
artbatista
join:2008-03-14
Macon, GA

artbatista to wifi4milez

to wifi4milez
They activated a new SIM card for the Iphone. I just now took it out and put it in my razr to get that working for the time being. As of 1:00PM EST no activation yet.

Art

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by artbatista:

They activated a new SIM card for the Iphone. I just now took it out and put it in my razr to get that working for the time being. As of 1:00PM EST no activation yet.

Art
Why though? Cant you simply insert your old SIM and be done with it?

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state

Qumahlin

MVM

said by wifi4milez:

said by artbatista:

Art
Why though? Cant you simply insert your old SIM and be done with it?
No, if you want all of the features to actually work the phone must be re-activated via itunes and connect to the servers.