uniqs

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

1 recommendation

AlexNYC

Not surpised

I am a huge Apple fan, I love my Macs.

I also think that iPhone is dumb and inferior to many other phones. I own a Nokia N95 (5 MP camera with flash, Wi-Fi, Real GPS and much more) which runs on Symbian and I LOVE IT.
I cant wait for the N96 ...
iPhone is just a marketing hype!

Carbon Unit
MVM
join:2001-07-21
Saint Charles, MO

Carbon Unit

MVM

I would really be surprised to see a line in my low tech community? but I will drive buy the att store on the way home from work, I plan on securing the white iphone in the next few days

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08
Brownsburg, IN

Morfein

Premium Member

I just stopped by my local att store only to find they have 0. All the stores located relatively close to me (outskirts of Indy) don't have any either.

The att sales rep said the only place she knows around here that actually has them is the Apple Store about 40 minutes away.

Hopefully that isn't the case for you as well.

cow116
Cisco Kid
Premium Member
join:2003-03-10
Indianapolis, IN

cow116

Premium Member

the att store here in carmel i think had 10 total
Desdinova
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Gaithersburg, MD

Desdinova to AlexNYC

Premium Member

to AlexNYC
I completely agree with AlexNYC on this one. The N95 is the biggity bomb and if the N96 turns out to be better I might be one of those waiting in line outside a store someplace.

Now, I'm off to enjoy my GPS with turn-by-turn spoken navigation...
boast
join:2005-09-03
Miami, FL

boast to AlexNYC

to AlexNYC
n95 doesn't bring 16gb. n96 has a small screen
Desdinova
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Gaithersburg, MD

Desdinova

Premium Member

You're right, the screen is smaller and not as sexy as the iPhone, But I can change the battery, I currently have a 16 gig MicroSD chip in it (which can be upgraded when the 32 gig chips come out later), my 5 megapixel camera has a flash, I can use my stereo Blue Tooth headphones, and I can shoot video with the camcorder. Plus there are lots and lots and lots of programs on the Symbian OS already out there. So yeah, I'm happy.

Carbon Unit
MVM
Saint Charles, MO

Carbon Unit to AlexNYC

MVM

to AlexNYC
All I can say is the App Store on the iphone is the bomb...nuff said...dont need 5mp and camcorder I have a pentax for that..dont really need gps..I have a Tom Tom 910 for that

AlexNYC
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

said by Carbon Unit:

All I can say is the App Store on the iphone is the bomb...nuff said...dont need 5mp and camcorder I have a pentax for that..dont really need gps..I have a Tom Tom 910 for that
Do you have a cell phone too? 'cause in that case you don't need the iPhone ... get it?

You are missing the point. We are comparing multi-function devices that can make phone calls and the Nokia device is more sophisticated.

Carbon Unit
MVM
Saint Charles, MO

1 recommendation

Carbon Unit

MVM

said by AlexNYC:
said by Carbon Unit:

Do you have a cell phone too? 'cause in that case you don't need the iPhone ... get it?

You are missing the point. We are comparing multi-function devices that can make phone calls and the Nokia device is more sophisticated.
this is true but every phone has something lacking that the other one has, there will probably never be a complete phone. so the gripe-ing will rage on forever

AlexNYC
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

Well said. I agree!