Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kakashi

join:2006-02-02
Encinitas, CA

Browser Redirects to Automated Provisioning Page-San Diego

Hi,

We are in Carlsbad, CA (San Diego North County, ex-Adelphia). I've been a customer for 6 years or so, but as of last night my browser keeps redirecting to the Automating Provisioning page showing my modem's MAC ID. The page tells me to call RoadRunner and give the MAC address to the agent for provisioning. I can still stream internet radio and the diagnostics with my iMac tells me I'm connected to the internet. My IP address appears to be OK. Any ideas?

BTW, there is a thread about this here:
»Every sites goes to Automated Provisioning

Thanks!

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:2

Since more then one person has the same problem, it is very likely TWC messed something up in the SD area. It could be limited to a few 100 customers though (such as accidentally deleting a table of authorized modems from the system or something along those lines) or it could be system-wide.

So.... give TWC a call and ask what's up.
--
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" -
Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

kakashi

Encinitas, CA

I've been on the line with TW for over an hour with no luck. They tried to kick it up to Tier 3, but the tech couldn't connect. I was told there are 251 modems affected. Also, when I used the connect automatically feather in the network control panel I was getting on for a while (it manually enters the DNS) but the wireless portion of the router was not working. I think it's a DNS problem, but then again I'm not to savvy on these things.

rlp

@rr.com
reply to kakashi

Same issue in my area ......... happened yesterday and today.
I found that re-booting the modem, your system and your wireless router will reset all.
It probably is caused by some conflict between the modem and the wirelss router

kakashi

Encinitas, CA

Yes I think you're right. When I plug my computer directly into the modem, it's fine. I've used the router for over a year. Any thoughts as to why it's not working now?

Thanks!

jwsan

join:2002-03-04
Encinitas, CA
reply to kakashi

Had same problem here in Encinitas yesterday. A full reboot of all fixed the problem. It was sure strange. Jeff

kakashi

Encinitas, CA

A full reboot also fixed it for me, but only temporarily. The next morning, I had to do it again...

jalbert

@12.176.36.x
reply to kakashi

Looks like a problem with their DNS servers. I've had trouble since last night. TWC's phone lines are jammed, too... I entered an alternate DNS server IP and things work fine.

tmbellanca

@rr.com

same problems here...
winxp desktop works fine...
vista laptop has the auto.provisioning issues

rebooting modem and router made things work last night.

said by jalbert :

...I entered an alternate DNS server IP and things work fine.
what dns server ip(s) did you use?

JoelinSD

@rr.com
reply to kakashi

I'm having the same problem here in San Diego. Posted a screen grab on flickr. Now that I'm getting past this page some site give me a 404 but notice TW's Road Runner logo is the favicon on pages that won't load. »www.flickr.com/photos/joelbolt/2657908252/