J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Little confused...

How are all these taxes factored into a typical cell phone bill?? 16% seems rather high, does that include access fees (which may actually not be a tax) and a 911 fee (Which might be considered a local tax??).

Just saying, here in 'tax them 'til they die' Canada, typical bills will include a 911 fee ( 50 cents, on bill it's not listed as a tax ) and a $6.95 system access fee, the cellular provider spells it out that this is NOT a tax, just a money laudering scam. Taxes are 5% for the Feds, and between 0% and 8% for the provinces (i could stand corrected on this one). So, for me, it's 13% total.

I find it odd that Canada's taxes would be lower, and was wondering how they came out with the close to 16% average.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY

TrainBuff

Premium Member

Taxes & Fees

You should see the fees and taxes on my Verizon cell bill.
There is a Verizon Wireless Surcharge which consists of the Fed. Universal Service Charge, Regulatory Charge, Administrative Charge & the Gross Receipts Surcharge. And then there is the New York State E911 Fee, Erie County 911 Surcharge, New York State Sales Tax and the Erie County Tax.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Click for full size
$6.95 is not a gov't fee.
Crap...thought I was being ripped.

Local sales tax, not sure where and/or /if/ that even happens in Canada.

Hopefully y'all have some good outta all those taxes..