spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rhard49
join:2001-04-12
Merrick, NY

rhard49

Phone # for Getting PTR Record Set

Anyone with Static ip's have a number for someone who may know which group at verizon is responsible for this. I wasted about 90 minutes and 5 or six phone calls today getting transfered all over the place and I'm beginning to believe no one at verizon has a clue. I successfully did this for my own service 15 months ago and fios support just connected me to another group that made the changes. Now no one understands what I'm talking about when you call support.I tried the direct support section and they told me to call the FIOS support line number.

The quality of support has become as useless as Optimum online

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Try »Verizon Direct ?
ProFiOSDude
Premium Member
join:2005-05-27
Chesapeake, VA

ProFiOSDude to rhard49

Premium Member

to rhard49
PM Kieranmullen. He had the same issue (I think). Is it about changing the name that shows in ARIN from your home address to a generic reply like "Verizon Customer"?

PFD
JonHB
join:2007-09-18
Huntington Beach, CA

JonHB to rhard49

to rhard49
Send an e-mail from your VZ account to MMVBTS@Verizon.com .
Specify the IP address and the host name and they will set it up - usually in 24 hours. They will then send you a confirmation e-mail.
JonHB

JonHB to ProFiOSDude

to ProFiOSDude
said by ProFiOSDude:

PM Kieranmullen. He had the same issue (I think). Is it about changing the name that shows in ARIN from your home address to a generic reply like "Verizon Customer"?

PFD
It's about having reverse DNS functioning for your IP addresses. Very important when running your own mail server.
rhard49
Merrick, NY

1 edit

2 recommendations

rhard49

For anyone who needs to set a Reverse DNS or PTR record
888-649-9500 or the Solution center the key acronym is
VEPS- Verizon enhanced product support
JonHB
join:2007-09-18
Huntington Beach, CA

JonHB

When I called, they asked me to e-mail it to the address I listed. Did they do yours over the phone?
Capt_video
join:2001-12-28
Grapevine, TX

1 recommendation

Capt_video to rhard49

to rhard49
Call 888-427-1405 and use the following for the menu choices. 1,1,3,2 If you listen to what the choices are it doesn't make a lot of sense but this is the place. They will ask you to email the IP and domain you need the record to point to and then you will get an email when it is set up. I just did another domain yesterday and it took about six hours before the record was input and available for lookup.
rhard49
Merrick, NY

1 edit

rhard49

The first time I had to set a site up 18 months ago it took 2 calls and it was done, this time no one seemed to know what I was talking about and I would get transfered and ultimately hung up on. Anyone ever notice when you are transfered to another extension in verizon if you do not get someone immediatly it dumps you back to the starting prompt after 5 minutes. Yesterday Luckily when I complained to vz direct support forum gustavo arranged to connect me with someone in that group and we were set in 20 minutes plus the time for it to propogate. This info should be a sticky.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
461.4 6.9

2 edits

1 recommendation

sashwa

Mod

Instead of making this a sticky, I added the link of this thread to the sidebar on forum's front page. It's named "Getting a PTR Record Set".

»Verizon FiOS

Edit: There is also a FAQ on this:

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I set up a PTR Reverse DNS Record?
xargs
join:2000-08-25
Camarillo, CA

xargs to rhard49

to rhard49
I had added the direct number for this to the FAQ a few weeks back:

»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I set up a PTR Reverse DNS Record?
rhard49
Merrick, NY

rhard49

We have 3 diffferent direct numbers anyone think they really have a clue? The question to ask is how do I get to
VEPS- Verizon enhanced product support
ProFiOSDude
Premium Member
join:2005-05-27
Chesapeake, VA

ProFiOSDude

Premium Member

888-649-9500. There is an IVRU that you have to go through (of course!).

PFD

djpiazza
join:2001-03-19
Caldwell, NJ

djpiazza to rhard49

to rhard49
I know this is an old post but I am replying to update and confirm the information in the post and make it easier to find.

I can verify that the correct way to get this done is the 800-483-5325. Option 3, Option 3. I you get a fast busy on this number, just try again later. Do not waste your time trying the 888-553-1555 number or any of the other numbers. It is possible to get lucky on some of the other numbers to get routed to the right place, but most of the time no one even noes what a PTR record or reverse DNS is.

The e-mail mmvbts@verizon.net is the correct e-mail address however it is not actively monitored so a call is required for someone to check it.