how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Andy_CR

join:2008-07-16
Costa Rica

[Cable] Best compression fitting / connector

Hi, I’m king of new in this subject. Can someone help me on desiring which is the best compression connector / fitting, the SNS1P6QS from Thomas & Betts or the PPC EX6 or the PPC EX6XL?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!!

Andy.

Storm97
Premium
join:2003-04-14
Evanston, WY
Is it for an outdoor fitting, or indoor? In my experience, the PPC's have a high fail rate when they are installed outdoors and exposed to the elements (not in a box, or on an exposed ground block like DTV and Dish use). I use the Thomas & Betts on a daily basis, and I have no complaints. I haven't had to change nearly as many T&B's as I have PPC's. The P6QS also go onto most all cable quite nicely, and compress pretty tight.
--
My Computer: Dell Dimension 4500, w/ Pentium 4 @ 2.00Ghz, 40 Gig WDC drive, 768MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 and GVC-Realtek 10/100 NIC

Andy_CR

Costa Rica

1 edit
It is for an indoor fitting. So you recommend T&B's? by the way which it the best compression fitting on the market for Cable Modem?

Splitpair
Premium
join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne
kudos:3
said by Andy_CR:

It is for an indoor fitting. So you recommend T&B's? by the way which it the best compression fitting on the market for Cable Modem?
The T&B SNS is by far one of the best on the market for anything cable related.

Wayne
--
If you cannot fix it with a buttset and some beanies you ain't a technician.

Andy_CR

Costa Rica
reply to Andy_CR
Then I'll go then with the T&B P6QS.
Thanks guys

Andy.

idigg

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Andy_CR
I just ordered one of the compression tool kits + T&B connector auctions from this guy - »stores.ebay.com/KTE-Inc

$9.99 for the tools and fittings, and $14 to ship. Best price I could find, the tool itself at Home Depot is $50.

Andy_CR

Costa Rica

1 edit
said by idigg :

I just ordered one of the compression tool kits + T&B connector auctions from this guy - »stores.ebay.com/KTE-Inc

$9.99 for the tools and fittings, and $14 to ship. Best price I could find, the tool itself at Home Depot is $50.
Be aware, because some e Bay seller are offering the compression tool (universal, Philips, zenith, etc.) with a lot of compression connectors (great price deals), but the issue is that they announce the connectors as T&B’s compression connectors and at the end they are universal compression connectors not original T&B’s, they look alike, but are not the same. You better do some questioning before buying.

Good luck.
Andy.

Splitpair
Premium
join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne

1 edit
reply to idigg
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by idigg :

What he calls SNS doesn't look like T&B to me nor does that crimper look like it will work with SNS.

Note on the T&B SNS the seal is attached to the connector and the cripmer is quite different.

Wayne
--
If you cannot fix it with a buttset and some beanies you ain't a technician.

iDigg

@sbcglobal.net
Click for full size
This is what I purchased -

idigg

@rr.com
reply to Andy_CR
Click for full size
Worked great actually on my existing RG6QS cable. I wasted 2 connectors until I figured out the red plastic piece comes off, and you put that on the cable first then compress farther up on the cable

dartworth6

join:2003-09-03
Cleveland, OH

1 edit
reply to Andy_CR
What about these connectors? I've had good luck with them at home. Using these with Belden 7916A cable.

Here is the tool I use...Cable Pro LCCT-1

Andy_CR

Costa Rica
reply to Andy_CR
How about the PCT-DRS-6Q, are they a good choice from cable tv and cable modem?

Andy

egnlsn
Premium
join:2003-09-26
Salt Lake City, UT
The PCT is an excellent connector. Comcast uses them around here.
--
CIAO!

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium
join:2001-07-14
SoCal
reply to Andy_CR
said by Andy_CR:

Can someone help me on desiring which is the best compression connector / fitting, the SNS1P6QS from Thomas & Betts or the PPC EX6 or the PPC EX6XL?
The BEST connector is one that fits the cable properly and is installed correctly. Without that ANY connector is worthless.

So worry less about the type and brand and worry more about proper installation.

Andy_CR

Costa Rica
said by MacLeech:

The BEST connector is one that fits the cable properly and is installed correctly. Without that ANY connector is worthless.

So worry less about the type and brand and worry more about proper installation.
Thanks, any special recommendation or technique for that?

Andy.