[[ BACKGROUND INFORMATION ]]
1) Your location: City and State.
2) A description of the problem.
I am a Comcast 8 Mbps subscriber and it seems extremely slow. I regularly score 3 Mbps at the speed test sites.
The last two files I downloaded averaged 90 KB/sec with a peak download speed of 212 KB/sec.
3) Is the issue intermittent, constant or does it occur at a specific time of day?
4) Your modem make, model & firmware version.
Make: RCA (Thomson), Model: DHG535, Firmware: ST70.02.08.03
5) Describe any home networking if applicable. (i.e. routers, hubs, adapters, etc.)
Linksys WRT54GL w/ Stock Antennas and Tomato Firmware 1.19
6) List any firewall and/or anti-virus software you have installed. Include what version you have.
McAfee VirusScan Plus with SiteAdvisor 2008 (I've tried both activating and deactivating the firewall)[[ SPEED TESTS FROM DSLREPORTS ]]
Chicago[[ SPEED TESTS FROM SPEEDTEST.NET ]]
Morristown, TN [[ TWEAK TEST RESULTS ]]
1. Your Tweakable Settings
Receive Window (RWIN): 17520
Window Scaling: off
Path MTU Discovery: ON
RFC1323 Window Scaling: OFF
RFC1323 Time Stamping: OFF
Selective Acks: ON
MSS requested: 1460
TTL remaining: 112
TOS flags: none set
2. Test Download
Actual data bytes sent: 1024001
Actual data packets: 703
Max packet sent (MTU): 1500
Max packet recd (MTU): 1500
Retransmitted packets: 0
sacks you sent: 1
pushed data pkts: 173
data transmit time: 2.905 secs
our max idletime: 247.5 ms
transfer rate: 320470 bytes/sec
transfer rate: 2563 kbits/sec
transfer efficiency: 100%
3. ICMP (ping) check