spc
uniqs
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to DJ Matt

to DJ Matt

Re: Chicago's WGN News now in HD!

when will fox do the same thing. They also need to put there fox power doppler on it's own sub channel
DJ Matt
join:2008-05-09

DJ Matt

said by Joe12345678:

when will fox do the same thing. They also need to put there fox power doppler on it's own sub channel
I have been wondering the same. One would think sooner. If you think about it, high def continues to expand and it has an effect on news ratings. Those who have HDTV's will choose the local news broadcasts that are in HD most of the time. This will possibly put pressure on FOX, as well as CBS to go HD with the local news. As far as I know it, Cleveland is the only major city in the US to have all its stations broadcast local news in HD.
Xee
join:2005-02-22
USA

Xee

said by DJ Matt:

I have been wondering the same. One would think sooner. If you think about it, high def continues to expand and it has an effect on news ratings. Those who have HDTV's will choose the local news broadcasts that are in HD most of the time. This will possibly put pressure on FOX, as well as CBS to go HD with the local news. As far as I know it, Cleveland is the only major city in the US to have all its stations broadcast local news in HD.
CBS evening news will be going high-def (1080i) on July 28th. No word on Fox though.
DJ Matt
join:2008-05-09

DJ Matt

said by Xee See ProfileCBS evening news will be going high-def (1080i) on July 28th. No word on Fox though.
[/BQUOTE :

Is that the local news though? I heard iot was just Katie Couric going HD.
Xee
join:2005-02-22
USA

1 edit

Xee

said by DJ Matt:

Is that the local news though? I heard iot was just Katie Couric going HD.
Man, I thought that username sounded familiar. lol Posted the links I found on the other board; it could just be Couric. My bad.