i hope the moving gods do it all

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat

Premium Member

I'm moving from Vinings to Kirkwood (between Inman park and Decatur). I've not packed a thing, the lady of the house had 3 weeks off of school and did all that. I'll also just hire day laborers to help me move. I want lift a finger . The moving gods are smiling upon me this time.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to mark5019

Premium Member

to mark5019
I just moved from Midtown to south Buckhead (about 3 miles). I packed everything myself. I moved about 10 carloads of stuff myself, but hired professional movers to tackle the furniture. Now I am unpacking and trying to put things where they need to go. UGH!

On top it all the moving stress, Comcast makes transferring service a nightmare. They advertise "one call transfers service to your new address easily." No, it doesn't. I've spent the last two weeks trying to get it resolved and now they tell me it will probably be a week without any service because of their inefficiency and incompetence.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

Mizzat

Premium Member

said by fuziwuzi:

I just moved from Midtown to south Buckhead (about 3 miles). I packed everything myself. I moved about 10 carloads of stuff myself, but hired professional movers to tackle the furniture. Now I am unpacking and trying to put things where they need to go. UGH!

On top it all the moving stress, Comcast makes transferring service a nightmare. They advertise "one call transfers service to your new address easily." No, it doesn't. I've spent the last two weeks trying to get it resolved and now they tell me it will probably be a week without any service because of their inefficiency and incompetence.
I used BellSouth's (now AT&T, but then it wasn't) web move twice and it works great, plus they waive the connection charge if you do it online, and one time I got a $25 target gift card for doing it online: »www.bellsouth.com/move

mark5019
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

mark5019 to fuziwuzi

Premium Member

to fuziwuzi
bingo i called lady said sat 7/26/ now get 8/14 date

as its a senior high rise with a bulk account i may luck out