Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

engineers have always had this problem

If the world was full of engineers we'd be in spaceships flying around the galaxy by now.

Politicians like to get their hands on everything and dumb it up.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

uid1307457
Premium
join:2005-12-30
Tempe, AZ
said by Mike:

If the world was full of engineers we'd be in spaceships flying around the galaxy by now.

I completely agree.

Teehee

@tds.net
reply to Mike
said by Mike:

Politicians like to get their hands on everything and dumb it up.
Don't forget about corporate talking heads and marketeers getting in the way of their company engineers. THAT is the real problem. The engineer says what the maketeer wants to say and comes up with tech justifications. That doesn't sound too goo either.

Dogfather
Premium
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA
reply to Mike
And if the spaceships were controlled by Comcast you would be paying overage fees if you passed 10,000 ft. But damn, you would get to 10K ft really quick.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 edit

1 recommendation

If the engineers were controlled by Comcast... they would should video signal with their light beams into your head.

Instead the corporate talking drones shoot light beams up your ass.

TScheisskopf
World News Trust

join:2005-02-13
Belvidere, NJ
reply to Teehee
Yup. Dave Haynie is a good friend of mine(Google is your friend here). It is quite entertaining to hear him get on a roll about marketing droids and clue-deprived management types. Most enlightening.

And no, the problem is not politicians. That's a common trope used by people who desperately want to believe corporations are their BFF.

jslik
That just happened
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Yes, Dave Haynie is probably THE expert about clueless management killing superior technology...

I still fire up my old 2000 from time to time and wonder "what may have been..."
--
If they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?
-"Planes, Trains & Automobiles"