Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Yaesu FT-60R - Removing Memory from Memory Bank

Anybody know how I can remove a memory from a memory bank yet still retain the physical memory in the "no bank" area?

Thanks!
--
My BLOG!
Black Friday Ads

Jim_R

join:2001-09-22
Palm Bay, FL
I wanted to do the same thing but as far as I'm able to determine you can't delete an entry from a bank, you have to erase all banks. Your memories are intact, but you need to then rebuild the banks. Sounds excessive, but like I said I haven't been able to find a better way. Instructions for erasing all banks is in the manual somewhere, I remember because I did it once or twice.

Regards,
Jim

IPingUPing
N4BFR
Premium
join:2002-08-30
Atlanta, GA
Does this not do what you want:

»www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?F ··· on%2Fpdf

Page 32

You may desire to delete the memories (except the Memory Channel “1” and Home Channel).
The procedure for deleting a channel is quite simple.
1. Press the [V/M(PRI)] key, if needed, to enter the MR mode.
2. Press and hold in the [F/W] key for one second, then rotate the DIAL knob to select
the memory channel to be “deleted.”
3. Press the [HM/RV] key momentarily. The display will revert to memory channel #1.
The previously-selected memory will be deleted.
Important Notice! Once deleted, the channel data cannot be recovered!

Jim_R

join:2001-09-22
Palm Bay, FL
That deletes memory channels, the OP is asking about deleting channels from memory banks. Memory banks are used for selective scanning and general housekeeping of memory channels. One memory channel can appear in more than one memory bank. For instance, there can be a random mix of entries in the sequential memory channels, and this usually isn't organized very well. Using banks, one arranges memory channels into useful groups. All 2m frequencies can be in one bank, 440 in another, local repeaters in a third and a neighboring city in a fourth. If I make a mistake when adding a channel in a bank (this has happened a few times) I'm stuck with it unless I delete ALL the banks then rebuild the memory banks once again from the existing memory channels. A real pain.