spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RC620

join:2008-08-01
Saint Petersburg, FL

[ Bright House] What is up with Newshosting?

Am I the only one that can't access Newshosting.com? I've been using it for a month, and then earlier this week it starting going wierd on me....Yesterday I couldn't access it until mid afternoon, and today I haven't be able to access it all day....

4 days now, and 4 e-mail's to their support department with zero response....Needless to say, I'm quickly losing patience with this....Roadrunner of course plays dumb, and I have no newsgroup access....

MrIcehouse

join:2006-02-07
Saint Petersburg, FL

So you got the can't access your node error message too?

I emailed them and got a reply in about 10 minutes, said their servers weren't down but they will look into it, 30 minutes later I got an email from Brent "This problem should be resolved now, thanks for your patience"

Hope you're fixed now too.

RC620

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RC620

I'm still getting the "can't access your node" error, and I haven't got a single response from 4 e-mail's over 4 days....

Do you by chance have that guys e-mail address?

Thanks!

sarah_f

join:2007-08-09
Tampa, FL
reply to RC620

Same problem for me in Tampa at 7:15PM. I guess I'll also be sending an email. I doubt they get too excited about fixing problems with "complementary" service.

kfsutops
Premium
join:2002-08-19
Tampa, FL
reply to RC620

Same problem here for the last couple of days. I didn't want to post because the RR people on here would just say I was complaining about a free service.

Then I thought they may have kicked me off for downloading too much.
--
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"

MrIcehouse

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RC620

isp5@newshosting.com, is the email I used, are you sending your email from a RR email address?

I received quick replies to both of my emails.

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL

But did they fix your problem?

J67

@rr.com
reply to RC620

Same problem here. I don't see why all of us should have to email them about it. Can't they tell there is a problem? Especially if a few have already notified them. I was actually considering signing up for their premium service, but now I'm not so sure. Where did Brighthouse find these guys? Did they fix us up with the lowest bidder for their newsgroup access (free) service?

RC620

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RC620

Well, day 5, still can't get on, and no reply to any of my 4 e-mail's asking for help....

3 times I tried the isp5 e-mail address, when when I didn't receive a reply for 3 days, I tried their other support e-mail address that their "paying" customers use...No reply to that one either....

The speed of my service is 2/3 of what it used to be, and now I don't have access to newsgroups....Wonder if its time to consider DSL....

mefreekee

@rr.com

Yeah, I have the same problem in St. Pete. This sucks. You would think this would be resolved by now if they were going to do anything about it.

RC620

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to RC620

It's especially painful for me, because I monitor groups for marketing and product development purposes, so this is cutting into my work in a big way.....

MrIcehouse

Saint Petersburg, FL

Not sure what to tell ya, I'm in St. Pete also and they fixed the problem in about 6 hours.

I put in the subject line of my email Bright House Newsgroups
Body was: Are your servers down or are you not offering newsgroups for free to Bright House Internet customers?
sent it from an @tampabay.rr.com email address

Reply was they needed my public IP Address and they would check the connection.

message back about 6 hours later was problem solved.

reply to RC620

I emailed them too and finally got a response:

Hello,

Brighthouse customers are allowed by IP address instead of a username and password, and it appears that some IP addresses no longer have permission to access our servers after Brighthouse issued their last update. We are working with Brighthouse and are waiting for further information so that we can resolve the problem.

Chad
Newshosting Support

My service has been down for days. I also called Brighthouse, but they acted clueless. They transferred me over to Road Runner, who also acted clueless. I was considering going with newshosting's premium service, but think I will shop around instead. This sucks.

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL

said by AnnoyedCustomer :

I was considering going with newshosting's premium service, but think I will shop around instead. This sucks.
I think I will too. I won't use these guys though. This seems more like a ploy to say, "if you had our paid service, this wouldn't be a problem."

No thanks.
--

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2

I've had them for nearly 4 years now without a hitch and always had excellent service. I too have emailed them regarding the BHN issue and received a prompt reply. I normally don't use the Bright House provided server but after seeing this thread decided to see if I was affected as well, and it appears I am.

against

join:2004-06-15
Tampa, FL
reply to RC620

Same problem here "access denied to your node".

I got a quick reply to my e-mail, however it's been about 4 days with no access.

Second e-mail requested my IP address.
--
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schulz

R67

@rr.com
reply to RC620

I finally sent them an email with Bright House Newsgroups as subject. I included my IP and mentioned the problem.

After less than 2 hours my access has been restored. I received the following reply:

Hello,

Your access should be restored now, I apologize for the inconvenience.
We updated our list of approved IP ranges and unfortunately some ranges
were inadvertently omitted.

-- Thanks, -Brent

I'm back in the saddle again whoohoo!

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL

Mine works now too. I must be part of the same IP range as you.

MrIcehouse

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to R67

Told you, Brent is the man

Putting Bright House in the subject line helps too.

Hope everyone else is fixed too.

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL
reply to RC620

Anybody else having problems with this again?

I keep getting "trying to connect to server"? No error codes or anything. It's been happening for two days.
--

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL

1 edit

I was having the same problem with my paid service to Newshosting. I emailed support and received a prompt reply they were have 'connectivity issues'. It seems to be ok today so far. I've used them for about 4 years now and this is the first time I've ever had a problem.

Edit: I spoke too soon I guess, it was fine about an hour ago when I pulled headers and did some downloading now it's not working again. I just updated my open support ticket with them.

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL

I got an email back from them saying "some Brighthouse customers have report this problem and they are looking in to it."

Sam crap over a week ago. But hey I guess I can't complain because it is free..
--

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

St. Pete, FL

said by kfsutops:

I got an email back from them saying "some Brighthouse customers have report this problem and they are looking in to it."

Sam crap over a week ago. But hey I guess I can't complain because it is free..
It's definitely affecting the paying customers as well. I haven't tried the Bright House end of things.

pross

@rr.com
reply to RC620

Are people who are having this problem using a router or a direct connection to cable modem?

I was having this issue then jumped into my router and did a Renew on the router instead of my PC and voila everything started working again.

Could be a coincidence, but just a suggestion to try.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to RC620

I'm behind a router and I have no problems. Everything is as solid as always. I am also TW.

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL
reply to pross

said by pross :

Are people who are having this problem using a router or a direct connection to cable modem?

I was having this issue then jumped into my router and did a Renew on the router instead of my PC and voila everything started working again.

Could be a coincidence, but just a suggestion to try.
Tried that and didn't fix anything. It's free for me so I am sure that is the type of response I will see. I am just glad I don't pay for their service.
--

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5

1 edit

I've been paying for Newshosting for years and have never had a problem. It's actually one of very few things I recommend to everyone.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
reply to RC620

I'm in Orlando on a Business account. Nothing is coming through via Agent, all is timing out with only 2 tasks defined.
--
FWD#537129

robd04

@rr.com
reply to RC620

Same problem thrid time here i have DSL and Cable and both systems are doing the same thing news hosting is having a MAJOR problem

kfsutops
Premium
Tampa, FL

said by robd04 :

Same problem thrid time here i have DSL and Cable and both systems are doing the same thing news hosting is having a MAJOR problem
Either that or TW (RR) is doing something to screw it all up. Remember, Brighthouse goes through RR's stuff.
--