spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Velund

join:2007-12-02

[General] UTStarcom F1000 factory reset

Does anyone succeeded in factory reset of former Vonage F1000's? The one I have on hand is reflashed with firmware 4.5st long ago and even working fine with other provider, but only on open APs. It cannot connect to any networks with WEP or WPA turned on.

Found some information stating that factory reset solves this, but unable to do it as admin password is unknown.

Did not dig deep from web interface side yet, maybe knowing right URL will allow to execute factory reset even without admin pass.... But I do not have completely unlocked F1000 nearby to look at admin section.

BTW: Does it worth to try opening the unit? Maybe there is some serial EEPROM that holds configuration data?

meister_sd
Premium
join:2006-01-29
La Mesa, CA
kudos:7
I made a tutorial on the vonage page how to fully remove vonage, but only on 3.80 or lower. With 4.5 you will have a hard time but look at my tutorial and see if it works anyway.

»Unlocking the UTStarCom F1000

UTStarr has a website forum and there is a guy (forgot his name) from Germany who can really get into the programming without opening it.

»forums.utstar.com/default.aspx

The EEPROM isn't a normal one you can put into a programmer. I have one of these and they work well except the sound in the earpiece is kinda low. You might have a better one, but this is the common complaint.

With that firmware version - it seems you already have it unlocked. Do you have admin access? Here is another site:

»web.quick.cz/lake/f1000_faq.htm

Velund

I have user access, so I was able to set it up to VoIP provider of choice. Everything works, but only on open APs (no WPA/WEP). Admin password is unknown and ATE mode is not accessible on this one, so need to find a way to do factory reset.

meister_sd
Premium
join:2006-01-29
La Mesa, CA
kudos:7
Did you try this site to reset the password?

»utstarcom.betateilchen.de/password.php

Velund

Yes, and it really resets password, but user password only.