kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to hayabusa3303

Re: Sure.

That brings up a good point. I would imagine they would offer something like 80 GBs to customers...but if every customer tried to use that much, it would create issue. Essentially this would mean they would have to boot the "resource" hogs, all while playing the advertising game of which cable company can offer the most DVR storage than the other. Drvies arent cheap, nor unlimited space, so this could prove interesting.
--
Usenet Accounts

Jim Kirk
Premium
join:2005-12-09

said by swintec:

That brings up a good point. I would imagine they would offer something like 80 GBs to customers...but if every customer tried to use that much, it would create issue. Essentially this would mean they would have to boot the "resource" hogs, all while playing the advertising game of which cable company can offer the most DVR storage than the other. Drvies arent cheap, nor unlimited space, so this could prove interesting.
LOL. If you watch too many hours, they would throttle your account and only show programming at 15fps.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29
kudos:1

Throttle or cap my internet why not cap or throttle tv and digital phone also? Lets be equal here.

JSY
Premium
join:2000-04-05
Elmhurst, NY

Net neutrality! LOL!

bear73
Metnav... Fly The Unfriendly Skies
Premium
join:2001-06-09
Derry, NH
reply to hayabusa3303

lol TV capped to 15 fps and phone service capped to 10 min call/hr

rotfl
--
If ya gotta go, Go with a SMILE!
»www.thereligionofpeace.com/

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to swintec

said by swintec:

...but if every customer tried to use that much, it would create issue.
Not how it works.. if 50,000 people want to record an olympic event, for example, the server records it once and FLAGS your account with your request and counts against summary usage of your 80gb. In order to view, you MUST have set your record flag. As long as one person flags a show, it's recorded.. all else who flags gets it. This is how they get past the copyright issues. It's actually an effective way to manage space. Besides, hard drive storage is not an issue.. however, dumping that much use onto a node IS.