Search similar:

uniqs

Siko
Premium Member
join:2006-11-27
Mechanicsburg, PA

Siko

Premium Member

Comcast Newsmakers on Cnn headline News.

Why does comcast even show them? It just stops the programming that was suppose to happen. I find them very annoying.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Same here I hate them!!

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
join:2005-12-26
Brick, NJ

CRP2 to Siko

to Siko
It would be a lot better if this programming along with Seeking Solutions w/ Suzanne was moved to CN8, since it disrupts the flow of a show. But it's not going to happen anytime soon, since Turner allows the cable companies to insert their own programming at :24 and :54 past the hour during various dayparts.

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim

It's not just Comcast. I've seen it on Blue Ridge Cable in Central PA, and I believe when I had Service Electric Cablevision, they also added their own local broadcasting at that time.

So, it's not just a Comcast thing.

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

It's really optional. I know that Cablevision doesn't do the cut-ins on Headline News.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to Siko

MVM

to Siko
If you have Comcast Central, check the mini CNN HN version on Channel 962 during that time period. Those are all untouched, national feeds (including TWC).
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich to Siko

to Siko
Oh yea, I just noticed this myself the other day on CNN-HN here - yea, I agree that Seeking Solutions w/Suzanne is annoying, especially considering the one I saw was copyrighted back from 2005! I'm SURE that "news" was very timely right now...

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to Siko

to Siko
The comcast news insertion remind of the 80s. Before CN8, and all the other Comcast channels. Comcast newsmakers should just be on CN8. Part time/ and ad insertion is very old school.

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

It practically ruins the channel, since you're missing sometimes essential parts of the programming. I missed out on the last few minutes of Nancy Grace last night because Comcast thought it was more important to tell me about the 90th birthday of Ocean Gate. I find it to be one of the cons of having Comcast.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to Siko

MVM

to Siko
From posts elsewhere, CNN has agreements with many providers to allow them to insert local programming at certain times. I don't know how long those agreements are for, but they may be changed in the future as Headline news has changed it's format over the years.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder to Siko

to Siko
I think the people on Newsmakers, pay Comcast ad money. So that is why Comcast shows them. In South Florida the interviews are run by the area's main PR guy, Spero Canton.

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

I emailed Linda Kurtz at Comcast asking her if Comcast would remove "Comcast Newsmakers" at 8:54 PM and 9:24 PM since it disrupts the flow of Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck and here's what she had to say:

Thank you for the feedback. We are actually in the process of making this change. Please email me again if this change has not been implemented by mid-September.

Thank you,

Linda Kurtz
Host/Producer
Comcast Newsmakers

Siko
Premium Member
join:2006-11-27
Mechanicsburg, PA

Siko

Premium Member

said by CRP2:

I emailed Linda Kurtz at Comcast asking her if Comcast would remove "Comcast Newsmakers" at 8:54 PM and 9:24 PM since it disrupts the flow of Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck and here's what she had to say:

Thank you for the feedback. We are actually in the process of making this change. Please email me again if this change has not been implemented by mid-September.

Thank you,

Linda Kurtz
Host/Producer
Comcast Newsmakers

That is just what they want you to hear.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to CRP2

Premium Member

to CRP2
said by CRP2:

Thank you,

Linda Kurtz
Host/Producer
Comcast Newsmakers

I hope its true!

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

Guys, Linda's not lying, it's going to happen trust me.
CRP2

CRP2

Buck Dopp, VP of "Comcast Newsmaker" has confirmed in his monthly update that Comcast has discontinued the practice of airing "Newsmakers" during "Headline Prime". Here's the official statement:

"We heard you! We have discontinued the practice of airing Newsmakers segments during the Prime Time programming block on Headline News. The rest of our schedule will remain the same."

»www.cn8.tv/channel/artic ··· =makerup

u2_omg
@comcast.net

u2_omg to Siko

Anon

to Siko
Well i am glad i am not the only person who thinks these programs are retarded (i.e. seeking solutions with Suzanne, omg i hate that annoying lady YUCK). I used to like watching Headline News when it was just 'headline news' without the Nancy Grace and the Glen Beck, and now my cable company has to add their hosts too. Headline News in not the same anymore.

Can we start a petition now to remove Suzanne ASAP?
kareval
join:2008-09-05
Fort Lauderdale, FL

kareval

No, you are not along U2_omg. I have been complaining to Comcast here in Florida for a while, and received a reply telling me that Turner has allowed CNM to interupt the program ( Nancy Grace) to air their shows...I think their shows are nonsense, useless and of absolutely no interest to me or anyone I know. They need to get this crap off the air.
If you start a petition to remove Suzanne, I will be the first to sign. She is utterly pathetic.
LisaD2
join:2008-06-15

LisaD2 to Siko

to Siko
Still can't watch Nancy Grace. Obviously, unless the above received email only pertained to NJ - it was a lie.

This is unacceptable and I'll be asking comcast for a daily credit for 10 minutes. I'm paying $90 a month and can't watch a show I'm paying for?

Philly2
@comcast.net

Philly2 to u2_omg

Anon

to u2_omg
Seeking Solutions with Suzanne is hosted by Suzanne Roberts.

Roberts is the last name - do a google search and you will see that the show will remain on Comcast for some time.

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

My area of NJ should have this problem resolved by 9/15.