MVM

[game] Heroes

Click for full size
The game will begin shortly...
Dezbend

Dezbend

MVM

Roles have been sent out. They look something like:
you are zane taylor, a hero with liquification ability. you may turn to water and avoid a lynch mob once during the game.
The word hero will be synonymous with town and likewise villain with mafia.

If you have any question about your role feel free to wonder. Just kidding ask me privately.

I discourage you from revealing/hinting your character name because
1. it will give away if you are good/bad and potentially your powers
2. I did say this game required no knowledge of the show, so lets not drop oblique hints that fans may not pick up on... play it like a normal game, but with a nice back drop.

Day 1 has not officially started, but you may begin talking. No votes count until day starts, but I want everyone to have time to see their role before I start the clock. You may discuss strategy... consider this dawn.

Normal rules apply.

boudro
The Cowboys are America's Team
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Texas

boudro to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Hell to the yeah!! Game on!!

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:
you are zane taylor, a hero with liquification ability. you may turn to water and avoid a lynch mob once during the game.
now that would be a cool ability to have. would probably be targeted by the mafia villain's at night, though, after the unsuccessful lynch.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
join:2001-12-09
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Dezbend

to Dezbend
just checking in. nice to be off the boat for awhile.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Howdy!

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
I'm checking in.

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Dezbend

to Dezbend
hey dez, how about a player list?

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Players (in alphabetical order):
bjl
boudro
drew
Gbcue
Jim
Johnny
Muzscman
navyet2sw
scotty4168
TheRul

I think. That's from the signup thread.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

thanks drew - it has been far too long since I was a mod, you will all have to give me a little slack

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Good evening.
It's late (for me) and the Sox are playing so I don't know if I'll be back tonight.

Since I saw this game I've been thinking about another 'Heroes...'.
A cookie for anyone who can identify Christine Perfect without google.

Dezbend
MVM

2 edits

Dezbend

MVM

Click for full size
Day 1
The villains, after realizing the awesome power Zane Taylor held, conspired to eliminate all the heroes and steal as many of their powers as they could...

Day 1 begins

Zane Taylor is no more. All that is left of him is a bloody puddle of water in half melted bucket...

Good luck heroes.

Night will fall when a majority is reached or 10:00 PM (CST or "American" Time) tomorrow night (I do hold the right to extend day).

navyet2sw
Damned is in My Room
Virginia Beach, VA

navyet2sw to Dezbend

to Dezbend
I am gonna have to check out the video when i get home, govt puters won't play youtube.. lol. grrrrrrr

Scotty4168
join:2000-12-18
Cleveland, OH

Scotty4168 to Dezbend

to Dezbend
Checking in.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
Yo people!

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Good to see you Johnny. It's been a while for a game.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

Thank you sir.

The pleasure is mine, I assure you.

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
OK, nothing to see here.
Except that neither Muz nor TheRul have bothered to stop by and bjl giving playing instructions to the bad guys (I know, I'm grasping at straws).
So, what do we have with 10 players? I suppose with Dez trying to add some interest a lot could be possible.

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium Member
join:2002-02-15
Florissant, MO

muzscman

Premium Member

said by Jim7:

OK, nothing to see here.
Except that neither Muz nor TheRul have bothered to stop by and bjl giving playing instructions to the bad guys (I know, I'm grasping at straws).
So, what do we have with 10 players? I suppose with Dez trying to add some interest a lot could be possible.
howdy everyone. I am here. I read the thread last night but didn't have a chance to respond. I'd assume with 10 players we have 3 mafia.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

I want to remind everyone that this is a timed game.

If there is no consensus at the end of the day, the person with the most votes will be lynched.
If there is a two-way tie, random.org will flip a coin to determine which will live and which will die.
If there is a greater tie a no lynch will occur.

I am not against extending the day on day 1 or on a weekend, but it will be the exception not the rule.

Remember I played a few games with 3 minute day/night cycles recently as well as 1 hour day/night cycles. I know it can be done (but I also know our schedules make it difficult thus the occasional extension).

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to muzscman

Premium Member

to muzscman
said by muzscman:

howdy everyone. I am here. I read the thread last night but didn't have a chance to respond. I'd assume with 10 players we have 3 mafia.
Oh dear. I'm afraid that sounds awfully scummy.
Vote: muzscman

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium Member
Florissant, MO

muzscman

Premium Member

said by Johnny34:

said by muzscman:

you can call it scummy all you want, but it's not. nothing about guessing sounds scummy to me.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
said by Johnny34:

said by muzscman:

Johnny, care to share with us why you think that sounds scummy?

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

It sounds scummy because it's like he knows the number of mafia, probably because he's hosted so many games though.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Interesting; you've made the jump to defend him.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to drew

Premium Member

to drew
said by drew:

said by Johnny34:

said by muzscman:

Johnny, care to share with us why you think that sounds scummy?
1. It's more (30%) than his oft-stated (25%) opinion of what should be the number of Mafia. Had he said "2 or 3" Mafia, that would be more in keeping with what someone who doesn't know the actual number of Mafia would say.

2. It's a common Mafia tactic to get the Town to underestimate or overestimate the number of Mafia. Once such a statement is made, it tends to persist throughout the game and nobody remembers how it came about.

3. He's known for making mistakes like this.

4. Guessing the number of Mafia isn't a useful approach for the Town.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Good synopsis. I've never personally seen his 'oft-stated (25%) opinion' or seen him make a mistake like this. That's some metagaming right there. Which I am neither a fan of, nor not a fan.

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium Member
Florissant, MO

muzscman

Premium Member

said by drew:

Good synopsis. I've never personally seen his 'oft-stated (25%) opinion' or seen him make a mistake like this. That's some metagaming right there. Which I am neither a fan of, nor not a fan.
Johnny is actually right and my numbers were wrong. Excuse me but I'm rather tired this morning because I got woken up by my noc at 5am because I am a dumbass and forgot to make a script +x so it failed to run.

me=dumb

Yes. in a game of 12 I would normally make it 3 mafia. 3 out of 9 does in fact seem a little high.

This is what happens when I assume. I make an ass of me.

And it may not be a useful approach for the town, but it sure as hell got people talking which is more than I can say for a lot of games lately...

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

Zane Taylor is no more. All that is left of him is a bloody puddle of water in half melted bucket...
Wonder twins power failure.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to muzscman

Premium Member

to muzscman
said by muzscman:

said by drew:

Johnny is actually right and my numbers were wrong. Excuse me but I'm rather tired this morning because I got woken up by my noc at 5am because I am a dumbass and forgot to make a script +x so it failed to run.

me=dumb

Yes. in a game of 12 I would normally make it 3 mafia. 3 out of 9 does in fact seem a little high.

This is what happens when I assume. I make an ass of me.

And it may not be a useful approach for the town, but it sure as hell got people talking which is more than I can say for a lot of games lately...
1. Yeah, you are dumb.
2. 3 out of 10
3. Technically, the saying is 'ass out of you and me' however I'll say that the only ass you made was yourself.
4. Amen to that.