Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

goody two

@sbcglobal.net

1 edit
reply to sturmvogel

Re: Comcast is using Sandvine to manage P2P Connections

Pay cuts are just that, not delays, as employees won't get back the reduced amount.

The reality is that in general poorly performing employees get warnings and eventually get fired if improvements are not made.

sturmvogel
Obama '08

join:2008-02-07
Houston, TX

1 edit
said by goody two :

Pay cuts are just that, not delays, as employees won't get back the reduced amount.

The reality is that in general poorly performing employees get warnings and eventually get fired if improvements are not made.
Your two paragraphs contradict each other.
--
Treason is a matter of dates

goody two

@sbcglobal.net

1 edit
There's no contradiction at all between the two paragraphs, and I've been in management position in commercial lending for 20 years where I've dealt with plenty of different commercial clients. I've worked at banks and finance companies and have have to give warnings to employees who have had poor performance and let go the ones who didn't. Pay cuts were not given, since employees should be given an opportunity to improve. If they can't improve, pay cuts won't cover the deficiencies; instead, you hire other people who can perform to replace the ones who aren't.

TruSm0ke

join:2005-07-21
Michigan

1 edit

reply to NormanS:
I have my torrent upload speed set at 15kb/s.

I thought upload was the speed you alloted to seeding. Is there any other benefit to using a higher upload speed? Does it improve your download speed?

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
reply to goody two
Good grief! Are there cross-linked topics somewhere or has this "delay the payments" joke actually spun this far off-topic?

goody two

@sbcglobal.net
Psst. I was being just as humorous as Sturm was. But enough has been said.