spc
Search similar:

uniqs

takenocrap
@comcast.net

takenocrap

Anon

All cellphone use should be banned except for 911 emergency

No one should be subjected to cellphone abuse by socially challenged, self-centered, inconsiderate cellphone addicts who need to get in touch with reality. Everyday we see countless people inflict pain on other people through misuse of cellphones. And in many cases these same clueless cellphone junkies are endangering themselves and other people due to their cellphone addiction and negligence.

There is no God given right to have cellphones and they should be banned in all public places except for the express use in 911 type life threatening emergencies.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

Re: All cellphone use should be banned except for 911 emergency

How often do you hear that Yip Yip Yip from a GSM phone through speakers, TV, Phone, the list goes on.
No interference? BS.
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

Re: All cellphone use should be banned except for 911 emergency

hmm, interesting...

probably because GSM is based on TDMA.

Had an old TDMA phone that would buzz the crap out of my car stereo speakers (usually if it was on radio, IIRC) whenever it rang. Very annoying. Always felt like it was giving me a headache too for that matter.

CDMA phones seem much less 'noisy'

And yes, on the topic of phones on planes - emergencies only. Keep it peaceful. Some people, even in quiet environments, just don't care and they'll practically shout into 'em.

Flights should be as peaceful as possible in my opinion. It's already a stressful enough ordeal these days. I have no problem with people finishing up a conversation as they find their seat or get settled in, but when it's time to go, it's time to shut your trap and enjoy the awesomeness that is flying for whatever duration that may be.

It's about respect. Simple as that. Enjoy the ride, and be thankful that you can to fly to your destination.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion to JimThePCGuy

Premium Member

to JimThePCGuy
said by JimThePCGuy:

How often do you hear that Yip Yip Yip from a GSM phone through speakers, TV, Phone, the list goes on.
No interference? BS.
CDMA makes the same kind of interference, you just can't hear it because the transmitter is always on.
YayOtters
join:2004-06-12
Monroe, NC

YayOtters to takenocrap

to takenocrap
Social much...?

And just because SOME users inflict injuries on others (I'm imagining you're referencing someone plowing into someone else in a vehicle while talking on the phone) doesn't mean it's fair to punish EVERYONE.
And if they happen to be endangering THEMSELVES and NOT others, let Natural Selection play its role.

And on another subject, I love the laughable idea of preventing people from using cell phones while driving because they're distractions.
There are a lot more distractions than only cell phones, such as music, other people talking, road signs, cars outside, people walking on the sidewalk, or perhaps even a beach if you happen to be driving close to one.

So I say we remove ALL distractions and make our view while driving a desolate view of monotone and consitant building color and design and prohibit anything from catching a driver's attention. I mean that makes sense right? All in the name of protection!