Drive it like you stole it
Premium Member
join:2002-12-17
Wasilla, AK

Boogeyman to S_engineer

Premium Member

to S_engineer

Re: Shouldn't be a law

But what about Grandma who is stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours for some stupid reason or another, who's plane is now going to be 2 hours late and has someone waiting to pick her up when she lands?

My mom has called me so many times I cant count them all from the plane while it was waiting for something, to tell me that she'll just get a taxi when she gets here so I dont have to wait at the airport for 2hrs and possibly be late for work, etc.

MyDomainName
@charter.com

MyDomainName

Anon

Oh noes!

So what about Grandma stuck on the tarmac or people on late planes? That kind of information is provided by the airport. People can call ahead or find out when they get there and life will go on either way just like always. Seemed to work well enough before the cellphone was glued to everyone's ear.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to Boogeyman

to Boogeyman
You are already allowed to use phones when you are on the ground. That's not going to change.

Boogeyman
Drive it like you stole it
Premium Member
join:2002-12-17
Wasilla, AK

Boogeyman

Premium Member

Yeah, I guess I misunderstood the topic, hehe. I guess I would have to agree with the ban then, as long as you can still use your phone on the ground.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned) to Boogeyman

to Boogeyman
said by Boogeyman:

But what about Grandma who is stuck on the tarmac for 2 hours for some stupid reason or another, who's plane is now going to be 2 hours late and has someone waiting to pick her up when she lands?

My mom has called me so many times I cant count them all from the plane while it was waiting for something, to tell me that she'll just get a taxi when she gets here so I dont have to wait at the airport for 2hrs and possibly be late for work, etc.
Nearly every major airport in this country has an arrival and departure board to show when flights are early, late or on-time. That same information is online. I just flew from BWO to ATL to SRQ (Sarasota, Fl) and all the data that was at the airport was also online. It used to be you could call the airport for that same information. I can even check on flights at EZE.