Search similar:

uniqs
sam64
join:2006-07-31
Newtown, PA

1 recommendation

sam64

Cell phones on planes - bad idea

Reading all the back and forth going on - I have to make a few comments. Before anyone jumps up and down, let me assure all of you that I am a frequent traveller - almost every week.

We do not need cell phones on a plane. The 3-4-5 hours of flight time is the real quiet time I value where I can nap, read a book, listen to music or generally dream without being distrubed by the phone. I do not want to sit on the plane and hear the life story or woes of the guy/gal next to me.

Regaring all the noise about 2 -3 hour delays ...well let me tell you air travel has been around for a lot longer than cellphones. We managed with this well before the advent of the cellphone and we can continue to do so in the future. If there is a real emergency, the Airphones are available (not behind every seat mind you but at least one per plane) at the horribly expensive rate.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20

Premium Member

Exactly. Thank you. Regardless of the technicalities behind it, I'd rather keep what remaining restrictions we do have to keep airlines from turning into the next greyhound of the skies.

If you absolutely MUST need to make a call, use the airphone and deal with the exorbitant prices. Otherwise, enjoy the peace and quiet you can get during your flight. You can always wait and make your call the split second you are off the plane.