spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RomeoJett

join:2002-03-28
Akron, OH

NBX Pagezone, will they work on different networks?

We have nbx, I can setup page zones fine, if I want to drop a phone to run from my nbx at another site (all sites connected via vpn) I have no problem I just statically program phone to use my NBX.

Problem is when I put that phone in a page zone it works fine on my network a 10.1.x.y network, the other network is a 10.10.x.y network, since the phone is statically pointing to my nbx it should have no issues, I can page through it fine to the nbx site, but it won't get pages back through zone.

Is this and IP issue, I know thephones grab a temporary IP to call initiate, but since its pointing to NBX, would it it use the NBX reserved ip addresses so that shouldn't be the issue.

Or would it be a protocol issue? Any one know, have any ideas?

skinsfanusa

join:2001-03-09
San Marcos, CA

Hello RomeoJett,
You cannot page devices on a different NCP, Except over a VTL.

RomeoJett

Akron, OH

We already page throught the VTL's. I have nbxSS3 at one site a V3000, and a NBX 100 all connected with VTLS I can dial prompts and page through to each system, or page all 3.

The issue I am having now is not paging on an NCP, the phone that is in a pagezone is on the same NCP, my SS3, but its located at another site, there is no NCP or NBX there, its just a shipping site connected to our network via VPN. I have the phone programmed with NBX IP address, and Mac Address, it works fine we have other setup like that in canada, china and italy.

Example:
My NBX is site A.....

Phone is on site B (configured with ip and mac from nbx on site A)

At site A, I have a pagezone with the phone that is on site B setup in. If the phone is at site A, it works in the page zone, when I move it to site B it won't let the page go through, At site B I can pick that phone up and Page to Site A, B, C with no problme its letting the page come back through to site b, since the phone technically thinks it resides at site A, shouldn't it work? Or is it because there is no VTL to the site B?

skinsfanusa

join:2001-03-09
San Marcos, CA

It sounds like a multicast traffic issue.

If you put a second phone at site B and paged the other phone at site B, Does that work?

RomeoJett

Akron, OH

I added another phone on the site, made sure speaker paging wasn't disabled and it still didn't page to the phone, even changed some of the zone features, for memebers only, external paging, etc. Nothing from the other phone speaker.

I was starting to think multicasting was an issue, the only thing is if I pick up the phone and dial my page port at the main site were the NBX is located I can page through there, they can hear me fine.