Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

derfyman

join:2008-08-10
Scarborough, ON
reply to anonnotreally

Re: Scarborough Primus subscribers?

Hey guys new to the site, my father has just signed up with primus for phone and internet 7mbs i think was what he said. when i signed up with rogers it was very simple to setup my internet working with the cable modem was easy but i am having trouble with primus setting up his internet. basically i have the setup disc and i get to the part where you put the model number and then it starts to configure the modem but then fails to configure. It's a speed touch 585, i was wondering what i am doing wrong, i have been reading on other sites and i think i know 1 thing i did wrong having the modem plug into the phone filter that was also a slpitter with another phone plugged in. do i need to unplugged all phones in the house and just connect the modem directly into the phone jack? the modem is about 10cm from the phone jack. he is pc illiterate so i'm the only one who can go over and solve this problem lol. he just bought a new laptop with vista 64 bit home premium which is connected to the modem via ethernet cable. thanks to anyone for suggestions in advance.

derfyman

join:2008-08-10
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

The problem has been fixed forget i asked anything