Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben

Premium Member

How Long To Upgrade?

I use Charter Business.

On Tuesday (the 5th), I called them up to do two things. One of them was to pay my bill. Nothing remarkable there.

The other thing was to upgrade to a faster speed, since my current speed, frankly, is painfully slow and I can't stand it anymore.

I was told that I'd have to sign something to authorize the speed change, or they could send me an E-mail and I could authorize it that way (the same way you can authorize an online purchase, I suppose).

I elected to go the E-mail route, since to receive faxes I have to anticipate a fax and tell the fax machine to answer. I could set it to auto answer, but I only have one POTS line so I can't turn that on.

Is five days too long? I plan on calling them tomorrow to see what's going on.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958

Premium Member

Just for the heck of it, have you rebooted the modem to see if they have maybe already changed it?

Otherwise,
I would think 5 days is ample time, unless you're including the weekend also.

Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben

Premium Member

I had the same thought as you, and I already tried rebooting the modem. No luck, I'm still stuck on the painfully slow, and very expensive for what you get tier.

As for the five days, I guess I wasn't being fair since I was including the weekend. However there were still three business days, since I called on Tuesday evening.

*Sigh* I hope I can get the faster speed soon. My current tier is a horrible deal, but the faster one is much better.
ChtrHelp
join:2008-01-15

1 edit

ChtrHelp to Ben

to Ben
Have you received the email for the authorization to upgrade the speed and then sent the form back signed? I would call in either way right away.

If you havent received the email yet, then i would make sure they resend it. If that doesnt work, then go the fax route to make sure you get the authorization form which is needed prior to being able to upgrade the speeds.