I Am Legend
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

1 edit

wings10 to smokes14

Premium Member

to smokes14

Re: $10 charge to cancel the $5.99 protection plan?

said by smokes14:

You are only charged a downgrade IF you cancel within 30 days of adding.

Not anymore. There is a $5 fee for doing it at any time. They say it is a fee to update the account.

Surprised they wave the fee when you upgrade.

But they don't want people to add channels for a period of time and then dropping it. Like folk's did with HBO during The Sapranos and Sex in the City.

smokes14
join:2003-02-09
Madison, VA

1 edit

smokes14

That is surprising. What you may be referring to is actually changing your package level. I have the HD/DVR Choice Plus pkg and I have been able to change movie channels without issues within the past month. Just added the Starz/Showtime 1/2 price, 3 month special without any issues and the CSR told me I would not be charged to cancel unless it was less than 30 days. No fee after the 3 months is over and I cancel. I have always been able to add/cancel movie channels without any fees involved. It is the 30 day period that matters.

This from the Directv website:

»directv.com/DTVAPP/globa ··· 94582414

"1If you downgrade your Premium programming options within 30 days of adding a new service to your account, you may be subject to a $10 fee."
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
·Armstrong

comp to wings10

Premium Member

to wings10
said by wings10:

said by smokes14:

You are only charged a downgrade IF you cancel within 30 days of adding.

Not anymore. There is a $5 fee for doing it at any time. They say it is a fee to update the account.

Surprised they wave the fee when you upgrade.

But they don't want people to add channels for a period of time and then dropping it. Like folk's did with HBO during The Sapranos and Sex in the City.
I am nsot sure where that is coming from because my father just dropped HBO with no fee

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

wings10

Premium Member

DISH charges. Don't know about DTV.

Unless enough people complained and DISH stopped?
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

I am talking about DTV