Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

snpperhd
Premium
join:2004-09-14
Vacaville, CA

Comcast employee discounts for friends & family

I'm interested in getting Comcast Blast! 16/2. My friend works for Comcast, can he get me a discounted rate? The reason I ask, he mentioned that he would enter my information (address & telephone), on the order through his computer and I would be contacted by Comcast with the offer. I realize employees get Courtesy Services & discounts, but wonder if any of those can be shared with family and/or friends. Thanks for any input.

snpperhd

Expand your moderator at work

CleanGene
Premium,MVM
join:2008-04-09
Manassas, VA

1 edit
reply to snpperhd

Re: Comcast employee discounts for friends & family

There's no way that I know of to get the employee courtesy services for yourself. Well, unless you also take a job with CC.

There is a friends and family referral program. Basically, it will typically get you access to the current special offers available in your area. Sometimes there's little extras like free installations included, and so forth. If this seems a little vague, that's because it all depends on what's currently available in your neck of the woods, so I can't tell you what they're going to offer when they call you.

It's not that exotic or unusual, though - you *can* get some good deals that way, but it's not like you learn the secret handshake that gets you free internet for life or anything

The major catch is, it only applies to new services for you. If you don't have internet, you can get a good introductory offer for internet. If you already have it, you can't use this to apply a discount to your existing service. FYI.

snpperhd
Premium
Vacaville, CA

2 edits
reply to snpperhd

Sorry if my post led anyone to believe that I thought I might get 'free' service...your reply is more what I had in mind. But if the local deals are what is offered, than it might not be that big a deal after all. From my recent research, I've noticed local Comcast dealer's offers are somewhat weaker than the national ones. Thanks for the reply.

P.S. I currently don't have any Comcast services. So maybe it'll work out.

snpperhd

ROTFLMAO

@comcast.net
reply to snpperhd

Nope, but he might get a sales commission.

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to snpperhd

The best your employee friend can do is simply give you the best promo deal he/she has access to.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

Actually, he's right. There IS a section on the Comcast employee portal where an employee enters their friend or family member's info. Yes, a member of Comcast calls them and goes over deals available to them... and these deals are sometimes better than available to the general public. From what I've seen in the list, so far, the midwest division has by far the best deals over the other divisions.

snpperhd
Premium
Vacaville, CA

Fiberguy is right on...This morning I got a better breakdown of what to expect. As for the deal my friend has mentioned, HSI for $30 a month for a year...he thinks it's an additional $10 a month for Blast. If true, this is quite a discount. More to come.

snpperhd