Dr_StrangeLove_
@12.189.32.x

Dr_StrangeLove_

Anon

Energy Independence

Well...believe it or not?

Lee Felsenstein is working on this project
»video.yahoo.com/watch/37 ··· /2290307

MPI is developing breakthrough magnetic energy technologies. Based upon proprietary discoveries in MPI’s labs, generators are being designed that operate continuously, without fuel, extracting electricity by converting an abundant, renewable, extremely dense, energy source that has never before been commercialized. The process will create no pollution. Variations will provide a permanent power supply that can eventually replace the need for batteries of all sizes. Conventional power costs are rising. The cost of electricity from these technologies promises to be less than any competing form of power generation.

This technology is expected to give electric cars unlimited range, as well as turn them into power plants. When appropriately parked, up to 150 kW can, without the need for any wire connection, be sold to cooperating local electric utilities.

»magneticpowerinc.com/sum ··· ary.html

sdgthy
@optonline.net

sdgthy

Anon

Magnetic Power Inc. Company claims to be close enough to have some demo devices, which extract energy from the vacuum of space. Claims have never been realized since initial public statements over five years ago. Formerly named "Magnetic Power Modules(tm)", as of July, 2007, the units are now called "GENIE" (Generating Electricity by Nondestructive Interference of Energy).

The company is still awaiting adequate additional funding to develop these modules properly.

As of the Summer of 2007, Mark Goldes claims to have achieved several over-unity protypes, and hopes to have commercial 1 kW units ready by the end of 2008. The company claims that those with an EE background and with an open mind will agree that the concept (disclosed under NDA) is workable.

For those who do not have access to proprietary photos, videos, and other evidence due to the proprietary nature of this technology, confidence is borrowed from CEO, Mark Goldes' reputation with Ultraconductors, a known and proven technology.

A complaint was filed against the company on June 14, 2008.

More: »peswiki.com/energy/Direc ··· ower_Inc

Sounds more like another perpetual motion scheme...

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Dr_StrangeLove_

to Dr_StrangeLove_
The executive summary ( »magneticpowerinc.com/pdf ··· mary.pdf ) indicates that this is a scam.

Yup, it's just YET ANOTHER perpetual motion scheme...

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to Dr_StrangeLove_

Premium Member

to Dr_StrangeLove_
They have to stop giving out patents without a working device. It is the first patent I've read that mentions Einstein

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to aurgathor

MVM

to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

it's just YET ANOTHER perpetual motion scheme...
Agree - either that of they have discovered new physics law. Not likely IMHO.

The executive summary states there were early working prototypes of this back in the 1930's. It is hard to believe no one has been able to produce a credible enough prototype to convince investors it was worth the risk. Germany was desperate for energy in WWII. If this was at all credible it is hard to imagine why it would not have been pursued.

Unless of course you believe oil companies have suppressed this invention like they did with 100 MPG carburetters back in the 1960's.

/tom

Dr_StrangeLove_
@12.189.32.x

Dr_StrangeLove_

Anon

said by tschmidt:

discovered new physics law
SideBar - In a manner of SPEAKING, Wind/Solar are "free energy," with respect to the "engine" driving it (wind/solar).

A magnetic can push another object....so, if the magnetic could be harnessed so a little energy input to manipulate this magnetic could result in a larger energy output within a device....this would be analogous to the "free energy" mentioned above...although an input energy would be required, in this given situation.

Water Dams provide "free energy," and is a form of a perpetual motion energy scheme, if enough rain/snow falls.
Dr_StrangeLove_

Dr_StrangeLove_ to tschmidt

Anon

to tschmidt
said by tschmidt:

If this was at all credible it is hard to imagine why it would not have been pursued.
Lee Felsenstein

1. Designer of the Osborne 1 (first mass-produced portable computer.)

2. Designed the Intel 8080 based "SOL"[1] computer

3. Many of his designs were leaders in reducing costs of computer technologies

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le ··· senstein

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to Dr_StrangeLove_

MVM

to Dr_StrangeLove_
Wind and Solar are not free energy in the perpetual motion sense. There is an external energy source, supplied by the Sun. If Sun stops turning Hydrogen into heavier elements so do these sources of energy.

I agree Lee Felsenstein has made significant contributions. We will have to wait to see if he is right about this.

At this time I am very skeptical this is not a shame. I hope it is for real. We need innovative energy sources.

/tom

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by Dr_StrangeLove_ :

SideBar - In a manner of SPEAKING, Wind/Solar are "free energy," with respect to the "engine" driving it (wind/solar).

A magnetic can push another object....so, if the magnetic could be harnessed so a little energy input to manipulate this magnetic could result in a larger energy output within a device....this would be analogous to the "free energy" mentioned above...although an input energy would be required, in this given situation.

Water Dams provide "free energy," and is a form of a perpetual motion energy scheme, if enough rain/snow falls.
I agree with Mr Tom, Wind/Solar/Hydro have very specific physical causes. They are not harnessing Zero point energy. (I keep thinking, "use the force, Luke" )

Quantum physics makes my head hurt so I won't pretend to know what they say they are doing. I hope it works, mankind needs a break.

It's just that there have been so many of these things and nothing seems to come of them and I won't hold my breath on this one.

Re: magnets - you first have to make a magnet (high energy) then you have to move the magnet, more energy. I don't get it

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Dr_StrangeLove_

Premium Member

to Dr_StrangeLove_
The First Law of Thermodynamics says you can't extract more energy out of a system than has been put into it in terms of matter/energy... and the Second Law says you can't even get that. These are "laws" of physics - not theories... which means there aren't any exceptions in the known universe. So if this wondrous invention somehow pulls energy from the spin and/or magnetism of electrons and particles of the nucleus, then something has to slow down or weaken the inherent atomic structure/energy of atoms on a mass basis to avoid violation of the First Law - a 'something' which is outside the knowledge of current nuclear and general physics.

To get a sense of all the disconnected handwaving going on with this scheme, one should read:
»magneticpowerinc.com/pdf ··· ergy.pdf
which is referenced on the MPI website...
»magneticpowerinc.com/art ··· les.html

Granted the remote possibility that even an Uzbek goat farmer could stumble upon a working concept for anti-gravity devices, it's by far not the likeliest outcome. And looking at the credentials of many of the key folks involved in this "Zero-Point energy" magnetics scheme, they're decidely weak in physics, nuclear physics, electrical engineering, thermodynamics, and so on... and a workable concept is by far not the likeliest outcome here, either.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Dr_StrangeLove_

Premium Member

to Dr_StrangeLove_
who the hell uses gmail as there email

magneticpower@gmail.com blah i say fake

sdgthy
@optonline.net

sdgthy to Dr_StrangeLove_

Anon

to Dr_StrangeLove_
said by Dr_StrangeLove_ :

Yes they are, but those have a specific, identified energy input that leads to the result.

When I see something like "extract energy from the vacuum of space", that being some mysterious source of energy input that is, at best poorly explained or documented, a great big red flag goes up as perpetual motion schemes often have some sort of like claim.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

do you even know how a magnetic field works?
»www.google.com/search?hl ··· G=Search

disconnected
@snet.net

disconnected to SparkChaser

Anon

to SparkChaser
All this stuff reeks of the Dennis Lee 'free energy' BS that was circulating in the 1980s. The very first sentence on that web site rang my BS alarm.

The only way I could remotely conceive of a magnetic motor that worked with little additional excitation would be one that takes Newton's 3rd law 90-degrees out of phase.
The challenge is that to rotate the magnetic fields to move a rotor to the next position, the backfeed of magnetic resistance would use up all of the energy in the system--it takes effort to rotate the magnets in the stator as the magnets in the commutator push against them.
Now, if you could deflect or alter the magnetic field without any fed-back magnetic force working against the control mechanism, you might have a chance to approach near-zero energy loss. Let's say you had a non-magnetically-reactive metal screen that could modulate or deflect the magnetic field from the stator and this screen were oscillating back and forth with milli-ounces of torque required. Then it gets interesting.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

There's actually quite a bit of "free energy" floating around (i.e cosmic background radiation, neutrinos, etc.) plus there exist a few devices that may appear to defy the laws of physics, but either harnessing that 'free energy' is not practical or we simple don't have a know-how, or those devices are only good for a proof of concept because they are very inefficient and impractical for industrial use. An example of the latter is: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr ··· ing_bird

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

2 edits

SparkChaser to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
the gmail is an interesting observation

The patent list the inventors as Garret Moddel and Bernard Haisch, both PhD's. (Of course, so were Pons and Fleischman).

Haisch has a lot of fringe science interest.

The owner is the Jovion Corporation, of which there is little to no information on Google.