spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Anon999

@67.97.0.x

Overnight disconnections

I've been waking up to find my Comcast HSI disconnected about every two to three days, and I have to go through the reconnection ritual -- disconnect the router from the cable modem, wait ten minutes, start up the cable modem, start up the router -- to get reconnected.

Does it have something to do with the temperatures going up and down between the day and the night?

Or is it something else entirely?

CUBS_FAN
Next Year Again..

join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

If it occurs overnight perhaps there is ongoing maintenance.12am - 6am is the window.

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD
kudos:1
reply to Anon999

are the modem lights still lit properly? what happens if you just power cycle the router only, will you get connection back?

Paul928

join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA
reply to Anon999

I'm not sure where the original poster is from, but I've been getting the same thing that past few weeks or so....I just power cycle the router and modem, and then everything is good.....Not to sure if it is maintenance or not going on.

CT3

@comcast.net
reply to Anon999

said by Anon999 :

I've been waking up to find my Comcast HSI disconnected about every two to three days, and I have to go through the reconnection ritual -- disconnect the router from the cable modem, wait ten minutes, start up the cable modem, start up the router -- to get reconnected.

Does it have something to do with the temperatures going up and down between the day and the night?

Or is it something else entirely?
It is possible that th temps the issue. When cable heats up it expands, when it cools down it contracts, such are the laws of physics in our world. What can happen is when it gets cold if a fitting is put on incorrectly or is just old, the cable contraction pulls the cable inside the sleeve, and out of the fitting at the back. If it pulls it far enough the stinger will no longer make a connection to its connection point, this can happen as a splitter, wall plate, splice, amplifier, or the tap in the case of drop cable in the case of plant cable there are more parts that can be the location of the problem.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9

2 edits

said by CT3 :

It is possible that th temps the issue. When cable heats up it expands, when it cools down it contracts, such are the laws of physics in our world. What can happen is when it gets cold if a fitting is put on incorrectly or is just old, the cable contraction pulls the cable inside the sleeve, and out of the fitting at the back. If it pulls it far enough the stinger will no longer make a connection to its connection point, this can happen as a splitter, wall plate, splice, amplifier, or the tap in the case of drop cable in the case of plant cable there are more parts that can be the location of the problem.
Or it could be an issue with an active (amp) itself such as fubarred AGC circuitry where incorrect temperature compensation is resulting in incorrect output levels/gain.
Expand your moderator at work