dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chase1981
join:2008-08-15

chase1981

[General] Help! help! who can tell me about the freedigits.com!

who can tell me how many segments the sip number provided by freedigits.com? such as 712-739-xxxx the first 6 numbers of the whole number.
Russell_
join:2006-04-06

Russell_

Re: [General] Help! help! who can tell me about the freedigits.c

said by chase1981:

who can tell me how many segments the sip number provided by freedigits.com? such as 712-739-xxxx the first 6 numbers of the whole number.
I struggled but am having trouble understanding the question.
slow mo
join:2002-03-19
USA

slow mo to chase1981

to chase1981
My two numbers: 641-982-xxxx, 641-410-xxxx
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

2 edits

PX Eliezer704 to chase1981

Premium Member

to chase1981
Very confused by your question.

Freedigits does NOT provide you with a true SIP number, as far as I understand it.

They provide you with a REGULAR phone number (also called PSTN or POTS) which you can forward if you choose *TO* a SIP number obtained from a VoIP carrier such as CallCentric, CallWithUs, or various others. Thus, you need the SIP number than you are forwarding TO.

Somebody please correct me if this is wrong.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

They provide you with a REGULAR phone number (also called PSTN or POTS) which you can forward if you choose *TO* a SIP number obtained from a VoIP carrier such as CallCentric, CallWithUs, or various others. Thus, you need the SIP number than you are forwarding TO.
Is such a forwarding free?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by mazilo:

Is such a forwarding free?
By any chance are you interested in free services, Mazilo?

Yes, the forwarding is free, as I understand it, provided that it is forwarded to a SIP (VoIP) address.

But in checking the freedigits website today, it says that new signups are temporarily suspended.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

By any chance are you interested in free services, Mazilo?
LOL ... I thought my signature says it pretty loud and clear.
Yes, the forwarding is free, as I understand it, provided that it is forwarded to a SIP (VoIP) address.
Do you just enter the DID # provided by your VoIP company or do you have to include sip:
But in checking the freedigits website today, it says that new signups are temporarily suspended.
Unfortunately, new registration has been shutdown for quite sometimes now.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by mazilo:

Do you just enter the DID # provided by your VoIP company or do you have to include sip:
From one of the freedigits support pages:

"SIP URI Forwarding:
If you would like to forward your FreeDigits number to a SIP URI, just enter the URI in the Call Forwarding box in your Account Dashboard. While forwarded calls to landlines and cell phones result in outgoing call charges, forwarding to VoIP-based destinations is completely free".

But as the service itself seems tenuous, I think that our ruminations are superfluous.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

From one of the freedigits support pages:

"SIP URI Forwarding:
If you would like to forward your FreeDigits number to a SIP URI, just enter the URI in the Call Forwarding box in your Account Dashboard. While forwarded calls to landlines and cell phones result in outgoing call charges, forwarding to VoIP-based destinations is completely free".
Thanks.
gbh2o
join:2000-12-18
Longs, SC

gbh2o to mazilo

to mazilo
Here's a hint from a user

»www.trixbox.org/forums/t ··· s-trunck
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by gbh2o:

Here's a hint from a user

»www.trixbox.org/forums/t ··· s-trunck
Thanks for the link and it's very useful. I have added sip:[my FD username]@[my.asterisk.FQDN]:5060 to Call Forward to Phone 1: entry and it seems to work with no problem at the moment.