Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to pnh102

Re: Unsurprising

said by pnh102:

quote:
... third has AT&T paying $1500 per site regardless if landscaping is necessary. Most Illinois cities are apparently picking the third option, says the source.
Of course the government always picks the option that gets it the most "free" money, courtesy of AT&T's subscribers. I guess those ugly looking boxes are not that ugly after all.
That is pretty shady. I bet their excuse is "We'll only use the money for landscaping!" ... yeah right.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 recommendation

Goes straight into the 'general fund', and will (most likely) never be used for its intended purpose.
--
Canada = Hollywood North

SillyRabbit

@tds.net
reply to Matt3

Why doesn't AT&T simply buy boxes that look like something else. Like a Rock, or something that doesn't look industrial? Cell phone towers are designed like this.

rahvin112

join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT
reply to Matt3

$1500 is nothing. That might get you 2 people for 2 hours and no materials. Landscaping is expensive. Considering the damage they typically do installing stuff like this $1500 is the bare minimum, if I was the city in question I'd probably want more and if I was a property owner I would want more. When they replaced the transformer in my yard that exploded they did almost that much damage to existing landscaping just driving in a new one onto the existing service. Add in new service lines and an new concrete pad and the damage would have been double or triple that. You people that have never owned a house don't realize that bush every 1 gallon plant is $20+, mulch, curbing, sod and plants can quickly top $1000 and that's just materials, labor triples the cost.

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2

said by rahvin112:

You people that have never owned a house don't realize that bush every 1 gallon plant is $20+, mulch, curbing, sod and plants can quickly top $1000 and that's just materials, labor triples the cost.
Then you've been getting ripped off.