join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102

Re: Unsurprising

said by pnh102:
quote:
... third has AT&T paying $1500 per site regardless if landscaping is necessary. Most Illinois cities are apparently picking the third option, says the source.
Of course the government always picks the option that gets it the most "free" money, courtesy of AT&T's subscribers. I guess those ugly looking boxes are not that ugly after all.
I'll bet the city takes the money and does no landscaping at all for their residents.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi

Bet your right and that's just not right. Those boxes are ugly and I would be mad about having one of those in my front yard.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by Corehhi:

Bet your right and that's just not right. Those boxes are ugly and I would be mad about having one of those in my front yard.
Yep, and the only time a small sliver of the $1500 per box will be utilized is when someone complains loud enough.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

I'll bet the city takes the money and does no landscaping at all for their residents.
Which raises the question of what AT&T feels it's getting for its $1500.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by fatness:
said by FFH5:

It blocks lawsuits by city governments and friendly rulings on "right of way" issues and zoning issues.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:
said by FFH5:

Probably use it to convince regulators. "Hey, we'd offer to landscape, but when we do and even paid for the communities to do it themselves they apparently weren't too worried about it!"
LostMile
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Coloma, MI

1 edit

LostMile to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

Maybe it gives T an excuse to add yet another line item to their phone bills?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Corehhi

MVM

to Corehhi
Click for full size
Comcast
Click for full size
Comcast
said by Corehhi:

Those boxes are ugly and I would be mad about having one of those in my front yard.
Uglier than these?

Granted, these are not in anybody's front yards. Nor are the majority of the VRADs that I have seen. And all of the VRADs I have seen are adjacent to even uglier "B-Boxes"; which have been in the neighborhoods for years, getting faded with age.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to Matt3

to Matt3
said by FFH5:

It blocks lawsuits by city governments and friendly rulings on "right of way" issues and zoning issues.
Just accepting the money wouldn't block lawsuits. Is that written into agreements?
said by Matt3:

Probably use it to convince regulators. "Hey, we'd offer to landscape, but when we do and even paid for the communities to do it themselves they apparently weren't too worried about it!"
That would be my guess, too.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac to LostMile

Premium Member

to LostMile
Yep, I'm waiting for the "Landscaping Recovery Fee."

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:
said by FFH5:

Just accepting the money wouldn't block lawsuits. Is that written into agreements?

If the city accepted the money it would block lawsuits by the city. It wouldn't block lawsuits by the residents.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

I don't see that stated in the article, and I don't follow your reasoning. »www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1 ··· -rollout

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA

thedragonmas to Corehhi

Premium Member

to Corehhi
if they gave me MAX speed free for life, id let them set the sucker on my front porch!