Search similar:

uniqs

Morocco
@comcast.net

Morocco to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet

Re: [iPhone] 2.0.2 firmware is out, Please post outcome

I just upgraded to 2.02. Everything was fine until I tried running 3rd party apps. The apps would show the startup screen, and then quit! This was happenning to all the apps. (Note that Apple's own apps were fine).

I tried uninstalling one of the apps and downloading it from the appstore again and installing it. After that, it worked again. And all my other apps started to work as well!

I figured it could have been some outdated, shared, library references that the apps were still holding on to, and once one of the app refreshes the reference, all the other apps will too.

lukakill
@volja.net

lukakill to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
I just updated to 2.0.2 and i had to unlock it ( i didn't want to) and my EDGE doesnt work - No service... i can still download stuff tho but it sucks when my router chrashes (I am on 2g)
knewt
join:2008-08-27
West Lafayette, IN

knewt to cousintim

to cousintim
said by cousintim:

I had to Restore after 2.0.1 and again with 2.0.2. Unfortunately, this time the phone went into a Restore loop. With a little help from Google, I was able to recover. Everything is stable now. I wasn't having a problem with 3G signal strength or dropped calls before so I can't really comment on what's been fixed.
when you say you had a restore loop, do you mean that when you plug your phone into your computer that it keeps prompting you to restore instead of syncing all your music and videos, etc?

if so, how did you fix this?

gtm
@ameritech.net

gtm to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
Made worse for me. Screen transitions are most affected, up to 10 seconds for getting to contacts.

bbarrera
MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA

bbarrera to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
No problems with 2.0.2 on our two iPhones.

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

kfsutops to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I just bought a 3g and upgraded to 2.0.2. No problems at all. Works pretty good.

I will say that I understand why some people have problem with the 3g part. I don't get nearly as good a signal as I did with the 1st generation. I haven't dropped any calls. But the signal isn't all that great. The 3g speeds are ok. Better than Edge, but not as good as I would have thought.

As I said in another post. I receive MUCH better 3g coverage and speeds with my old Blackjack last year.

Carbon Unit
MVM
join:2001-07-21
Saint Charles, MO

Carbon Unit to Midak

MVM

to Midak
said by Midak:

restored last night and has been horrible all day. the complete freezing is a new problem today.
My 2g was freezing allot, and in the last week it had been freezing up daily, this is unacceptable because it bricks my iphone for several hours while it would restore...just picked up a 3g today .. hopefully a better experience with this one.....

illJazz
Premium Member
join:2002-09-04
Zurich

illJazz

Premium Member

That texting delay is back.. takes 15min for a text to arrive on my phone after it's been sent.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

said by illJazz:

That texting delay is back.. takes 15min for a text to arrive on my phone after it's been sent.
I have trouble believing that could be an iphone problem.. for it to be so, the network would have to send the text on time - then the phone somehow and weirdly "store" it secretly for 15 minutes before adding it to your inbox.

bbarrera
MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA

bbarrera to illJazz

MVM

to illJazz
AT&T had some network problems today as it took over an hour for my phone to receive a voicemail.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by bbarrera:

AT&T had some network problems today as it took over an hour for my phone to receive a voicemail.
I was just about to make a thread, I can't connect at all. Email, Safari, everything is toast.

I am beginning to wonder if my $500 was worth it. I like the phone but the reset/power down a few times a day is getting to be a real pain.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Ptrowski-
Same thing here in Delaware. No Edge connectivity at all. No email, web, stock updates, etc.

Must be a widespread outage.

BKuhl
join:1999-09-06
Lodi, NJ

BKuhl to ptrowski

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:
said by bbarrera:

I was just about to make a thread, I can't connect at all. Email, Safari, everything is toast.

I am beginning to wonder if my $500 was worth it. I like the phone but the reset/power down a few times a day is getting to be a real pain.
Yeah, I noticed something is up this morning. I tried both 3G and Edge and could not load a single page. Seeing your having trouble too I assume AT&T is FUBAR this moring.
I was just coming here to unload on the phone myself...

WildGod8
God Is Dead
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
NYC

2 edits

WildGod8 to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
No data service in NYC.
This is getting ridiculous.
When are AT&T and Apple going to address these issues.
This is the worst service I have ever experienced.
I really miss Verizon.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to BKuhl

Premium Member

to BKuhl
said by BKuhl:

said by ptrowski:
said by bbarrera:

Yeah, I noticed something is up this morning. I tried both 3G and Edge and could not load a single page. Seeing your having trouble too I assume AT&T is FUBAR this moring.
I was just coming here to unload on the phone myself...
Yep. Still nothing. This is the first time for me it has been totally screwed. Man I wish my WiFi at home.

illJazz
Premium Member
Zurich

illJazz to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I'm trying a Google search on Edge right now and the page load isn't going anywhere. I suppose I can confirm the outage up here in Boston.

Yup.. just got Safari's "server is not responding" message. Ow.. I have a feeling we'll be reading about this later today.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Same here. Nothing. At least 4.5 hours of not being able to send an email to the office this am.

begbie1
@sbc.com

begbie1 to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
St. Louis here, I know of 3 confirmed people in different spots, cannot connect to Wifi, Edge, or 3G.

Rebooted, still nothing. Its been about 3 hours here, i'm calling the 1-800-331-0500 to get credit.

illJazz
Premium Member
Zurich

illJazz

Premium Member

said by begbie1 :

St. Louis here, I know of 3 confirmed people in different spots, cannot connect to Wifi, Edge, or 3G.

Rebooted, still nothing. Its been about 3 hours here, i'm calling the 1-800-331-0500 to get credit.
No WiFi? That's not right.. there's something else wrong there. WiFi problems should be separate from any network problems. WiFi works perfectly fine here... but EDGE/3G are toast. Sucks.

Sunday/Monday 3G was being really whacky too.. I'd use Maps and it would load about 50% of the map, leaving out random squares. It would just never finish loading the map. Then I switched to EDGE and everything loaded in just fine.

I thought things would get better. Instead they're just getting worse.. I have a feeling this may have to do with the ridiculous number of iPhone 3G's being sold. It must. What's the last time a phone came out that made using wireless/cell data access THIS easy, intuitive AND desirable? Lots of people getting iPhones... lots of people logging on... I wonder if AT&T (or anyone else, for that matter), ever planned for this kind of interest in wireless data access on the go.

Meh.. come to think of it, I'm probably very wrong about this. I'm underestimating cell service providers' ability to plan ahead and build strong networks that can handle lots and lots of data being transferred by lots and lots of people. Further, I realize I'm basically suggesting that the iPhone 3G is single-handedly bringing down AT&T's networks... while the iPhone *is* a popular device, I'm not sure it's gotten quite to THAT point yet.

begbie1
@sbc.com

begbie1

Anon

Yes, agreed, can't explain the Wifi. I've only hit one wifi spot, so may venture out in a little bit and try different ones.

I thought I read or heard somewhere that this outage is supposed to last until 9 PM EST, might be wrong, i've been on hold with support for about 45 minutes now, i'm sure they're getting hammered right now.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

no wifi has to be a red herring, if you remove the sim card or turn the cellular part off then the phone is the same as it was yesterday, when it could connect to wifi.

vito8
join:2001-11-28
Gilbertsville, PA

vito8 to SuperNet

to SuperNet
It looks like just a big ATT network problem...

We do not have iphones, but our TILTs are having problems connecting.

The last call i made to ATT they said it was a network problem...wide spread.

(I wish the first tech new of the problem with out having to call again!!)

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Looks we're back up.

vito8
join:2001-11-28
Gilbertsville, PA

vito8 to SuperNet

to SuperNet
seems like we are also

BKuhl
join:1999-09-06
Lodi, NJ

BKuhl to SuperNet

to SuperNet
As per Arstechnica.com:

Update x3: AT&T spokesperson Brad Mays got in touch with us once again to say that the issues have been resolved. "There was a routing issue affecting some wireless data use in the Northeast region. AT&T technicians determined the cause and restored service at 11:56 a.m. EDT," he told Ars. "Voice calling, text messaging and BlackBerry email were unaffected."