spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

millermotto

@comcast.net

[netopia] how to setup a netopia 3347wg as a wireless access poi

i have a netopia 3347wg that i used with bellsouth dsl. now i have comcast and they provided a rca dhg535-2.

now, i only know the basics when it comes to this stuff so i need some good step by step directions. i do have access to the config page of the netopia and have tried turning off dhcp and nat but still not working. the address i use to access the netopia home screen is 192.168.1.254

any help is appreciatted!!!!!!

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-15
none

Re: [netopia] how to setup a netopia 3347wg as a wireless access

is teh cable modem a router as well? if not you will need one. if you have to buy a router, might as well get a wireless and be done with it.

turning off DHCP and NAT and leaving the wireless enabled is pretty much it. you plug one of the 3347's ethernet ports to your cable modem/router and if the light comes on you should be good to go. the only thing that MAY need to be changed is if your other router uses 192.168.1.254 as well, one of them must use a different ip. drop the netopia down to 192.168.1.253.

lastly, doublecheck your network settings and make sure your PC is not set to use the netopia as the gateway and DNS. if you assigned the PC a static ip this will be the case. you need to change it to teh LAN IP of the cable router.
--
Lack of Preparation on YOUR Part does NOT Constitute an Emergency on Mine!

millermotto

@ngb.army.mil
i will have to check to see if it is a router as well.

when you say change the netopia ip address what exactly do you mean...sorry for my lack of knowledge.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-15
none
the LAN IP address under teh LAN settings. right now you access teh router at 192.168.1.254, change it to 192.168.1.253 in the setting. the FAQ above should have a link to how to do it.
--
Lack of Preparation on YOUR Part does NOT Constitute an Emergency on Mine!

millermoto

@comcast.net
well, i just gave up and bought a belkin...too easy!!!

thanks for the assistance though!!!!

now i'm trying to get my xbox live working